X

Cooling Fan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling Fan

Hey guys. Just wondering if the cooling fan that runs for 30 min after shutting the bike off is really necessary? Why only on the CA model? Has anyone disconnected it? Thanks

im new so ill probably be wrong but from what i understand, the fan is by the carbs and is used to help meet emmisions, i guess.

im in wrong ill delete this post as to not misslead

i would not think its needed, since other places didnt have it
    03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
    04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
    08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
    10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
    05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Fan was there to cool the carbs after shutdown to help prevent fuel from evaporating from heat soak. It was only on the Cali models and is completely useless. Disconnect it and its relay and your battery will thank you.
      Last edited by Trackerrrr; 03-06-2010, 08:22 AM.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

yay i was right i would save the wiring though, remove the relay. that way you already have a fused wire for some accessory....just an idea
        03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
        04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
        08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
        10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
        05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

I want to remove that too as I don't need it draining my battery. I just got the bike and have yet to get a service manual for it. Can anyone tell me where the relay is? Looking at the bike bandit schematic is useless as it remoted somewhere. Thanks.

Comment

Speaking as the owner of a CA spec Kat 1100, the bike was way faster when I turned it into a 49 spec bike. Biggest gain was in the different jetting. In the motorcycle tests i saw, CA bike was .5 sec slower in the quarter.
            You just might want to change the jetting of your bike after ditching the fan.

Comment

Working...
            X