X

rain makes bike stall?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rain makes bike stall?

rode my bike to school today and coming home i was caught in the rain. the bike started to act like crap about a mile later.... hesitation back fires and loss of power.... i'm thinking its a plug but all 4 down pipes are piping hot!
    what should i be looking for?
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Had the same thing happen to me once before, so I used some advice CP had given in a thread one time - I put dielectric grease on all the electric connectors, including spark plug wires, boots, cdi, etc. If I could get to it, I put the grease on it! Have never had an issue since, and have even ridden in really bad rainstorms! Hope this helps.
    "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Pack your spark plug boots with dielectric grease, and seal up where the wires come out of your coils and your ignition control module.

Comment

thanks guys! that's the first time it's ever happened to me which is weird cause i ride through the rain all winter.
        off to find dielectric grease.
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

I got some bad gas the day it was raining and after that my car does the idle thing a few times . Its water in the gas im thinking and it will pass soon .. I drive a 1990 geo storm 2+2 with 50,000 miles on it .

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
            I got some bad gas the day it was raining
            You know they have medicine for that...

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm feeling a bit childish tonight.
            -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
            -My wife

Comment

Originally posted by izzy View Post
              You know they have medicine for that...

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm feeling a bit childish tonight.
              omg i just rofl'ed all over the place lol!
              Tony
              94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
              X