X

Still looking for a bike! :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still looking for a bike! :)

Sorry, I know this probably isnt the right place to post it, but I am still looking for my first Kat! I have 2,000 to spend and can only find a couple in my area. Alot of my friend's friends just sold their bikes, and alot of them were around 2k. I need some help from the bike guys
    2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
    2004 GSXR 600

I know this is above your price range, but I just found it and I was intrigued...

2007 Kat????
    Last edited by clark827; 02-27-2010, 11:21 AM.
    sigpic
    "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

well... here's one, a lil above your price range... but you might be able to haggle the guy

another one... a lil high, but once again.. try haggeling

also, 2k is a lil low for a newer kat.. you can easily find a pre for around 2k... but your best bet is to get a few hundred more saved up, and start haggeling

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
      "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

Try expanding your search area. We just had to make a 4 hour trip to pick up a new bike. If the math works, a few hundred extra miles can't hurt.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
          Try expanding your search area. We just had to make a 4 hour trip to pick up a new bike. If the math works, a few hundred extra miles can't hurt.
          Ditto. Check Lexington. There are always college kids looking to dump off the bike their parents bought them for dirt cheap. I practically stole my bike from a guy I was in class with. Saw his helmet, found out it was for sale, bought it the next day.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Not all that familiar with the city geography of Ohio. But it def. looks like you'll need another 4/5 hundred if you're interested in a running post 98. As aforementioned, plenty of pre's in that area.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
            -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

i just bought a running post98 600 for $580 off ebay, no title and had been wrecked but i have a bare post98 frame with title so just going to swap everything over to that frame. i might be interested in selling if the price were right
              Chrome Project Part 1
              http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

remember not to overextend yourself too TJ, remember OH's sales tax when you title it, plus registration, insurance down payment, oil change, etc.

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news, just don't want to see you posting about having to resort to selling girl scout cookies so you can afford to put gas in the Kat!
                sigpic
                "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

well if your price range is around 2k then buy real soon because price are going to go back up in the spring and thats right around the corner. im not trying to force you to impulsively buy the next bike that comes your way. im just trying to say that you may want to hurry up or save up!

Comment

^well, as long as theres snow on the ground prices shouldn't go up TOO much.

Comment

Originally posted by clark827 View Post
                      remember not to overextend yourself too TJ, remember OH's sales tax when you title it, plus registration, insurance down payment, oil change, etc.

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news, just don't want to see you posting about having to resort to selling girl scout cookies so you can afford to put gas in the Kat!
                      This is a big one. Im sure OH's cost of ownership is pretty close to KY, but still.

Insurance
                      Registration
                      Gear

Then you have the used bike checklist:

Oil
                      Brake Fluid
                      Probably brake lines if they're still original
                      Tires if it's been sitting
                      Carb clean and sync
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        .........Then you have the used bike checklist:

Oil
                        Brake Fluid
                        Probably brake lines if they're still original
                        Tires if it's been sitting
                        Carb clean and sync
                        If the bike he buys seems to be in good running condition, and the brkes feel ok, I would worry about tires and an oil change first (unless it's been done recently by the PO). The rest could be done as finances allow later in the riding season, or even sometime next winter.
                        John,
                        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                        sigpic

Comment

Search by state, driving distance, or just search all of Facebook Marketplace*, craigslist*, eBay and more. The most trusted classifieds search engine. *Not affiliated with Facebook or craigslist.

Comment

Oh thanks guys! Thats why my top dollar is 2,000. I actually have around 2300 but thats for gear and ins, etc.

Now my friends are haggling me about carb bikes. They get Go FI or go home, WTF? They just dont realize that mommy and daddy cant buy my bike like theirs did. Are carbs bad ? They said higher matience. And hardly run.

They keep wanting me to get a "Real bike", so far I have been quoted only to get R1,R6,or GSXr1000

why are people so stupid? Chances are I will lay it down.. why would I want to lay down a new expensive bike over a used older one? People sometimes... it gets frustrating!
                            Last edited by TjCase85; 02-27-2010, 02:39 PM.
                            2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
                            2004 GSXR 600

Comment

Tell them to bring their high priced, modern tech EFI supersport bikes to Deals Gap, NC the week of the KR Rally, and see just how slow and terrible handling Katana's really are. On a race track yes the newer SS bikes are faster, in the real world, out on public roads, the Kat is much better overall than most people give it credit for. Your comment "Chances are I will lay it down.. why would I want to lay down a new expensive bike over a used older one? People sometimes... it gets frustrating" is very true. The Katana is a much better bike to learn on than a high strung more expensive SS bike, since it is built pretty tough and is inexpensive to buy.
                              John,
                              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X