X

Gauges...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauges...

So last night I fired up the Katana for a quick ride and noticed my Tach has completely stopped working. Not a big deal I suppose, but I'd like to have it. I figure while I ahve the gauges off though, it may be just as easy to install a different gauge setup, but I have not messed with gauges on any bike that much, and never swapped em out for a different style. If I could get a digital speedo/analog tach setup like a gsxr it would clean up the front end a lot, but don't know if it will work properly. I have done a little research and seen some of those aftermarket digital speedos run into a suzuki digital gauge and I suppose I could wire the analog tach straight in as well. But I figured I'd see what else had been done by the good folks here. Either way I need something so if you even have a stock tach for sale let me know.
    Needs an anger powered jetpack.

What year is your bike? Freightdog had a issue with the tach on his gauges for a while, it would start to flucuate a bit, and as it was doing that, would cause the engine to act a bit goofy. Then one day his tach stopped working, and his bike ran fine. I had a similar problem with mine, if mine sat at 4500 RPM, sometimes it would cut out, changed out the gauges, and now its fine. I think there may be a short in the system somewhere.

If your bike is a 98+, I have my old gauges laying around I could send you so you can see if its the gauge itself, or the wiring, might save ya a little time.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

The bike is a 95 600, and I have had little issue, I did notice that the tach was pretty jumpy in the higher rpms when I was riding to and from work, before the snow, but still held pretty true. Now what it does is shows about 1800 rpm wide open and pretty much stays below 1000 the rest of the time. The weird part is that when it was acting up last fall, the fuel gauge would also spike, like if I ran it wide open, say to pass a car on the highway, then both the tach and fuel gauge would roll up, and the tach would bounce around around 1000 rpm. Now when this was going on I had the gauges mounted straight up to a metal bracket. This has since changed and the problem stopped occuring, so i just figured the internal coil nonsense was getting magnatized or something as I put more power to it causing the gauges to jump. So I made a plastic bracket to hold the gauges that mounts them off of the metal frame and the problem had stopped. Then the tach just pooped out.
      Needs an anger powered jetpack.

Comment

Working...
      X