X

Riding Season: Coming up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding Season: Coming up!

Well my Kat has been sitting for the last 4 months due to harsh weather conditions... But today I fired her up! Gave it the wake-up call that it's just about that time! Put the triple charger on the battery for a little while and it was good to go! Before the season starts which is in 2 or 3 weeks I am hoping...(Fingers crossed)Who knows what will happen Indiana weather is so unpredictable,I will give it a well deserved oil change and thorough inspection before riding...What do all of you plan on doing in regards before you begin to ride again if you are in a cold winter climate like me...

I changed my oil and air filter before I put my bike away for the winter. That way, I have nothing to do except hook up the battery and I'm good to go as soon as the weather improves (other than cleaning off the dust). I had an insulated garage door installed at the beginning of winter so my bike has been nice and warm.

BTW, what's a 'triple charger'?
    Last edited by kruzuki; 02-25-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

once i finish painting all the panels.. i have to put it back together.. and whilst the tank is out i am gonna do a spark plug change over. but i did the oil change and have been starting it regularly throughout the winter. with the stabil in the tank and carbs.. once good weather comes around i will be brining her home instead of her shivering 5miles away!

Comment

riding season? That ends? Huh.....strange......Winterise? HUH? This might as well be gibberish speak to me...

I rode this morning...it was rather 'brisk' 32* on my way to work (30 miles 1 way)

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
          riding season? That ends? Huh.....strange......Winterise? HUH? This might as well be gibberish speak to me...

I rode this morning...it was rather 'brisk' 32* on my way to work (30 miles 1 way)
          i used to be like that.. till i had a near death experience with freezing my *** off because i thought it was 32 out but that was before the fall of temps before sunrise... 28* + 85 MPH does anyone do wind chill? oh yeah this was when i first started out as a squid and couldnt get enough riding and was wearing thin non-insulated riding gloves... let me tell you it is hard to steer a bike on the highway with your left hand on the throttle because your right just numbbed up

Comment

were in indiana do u live... spt?

Comment

I still ask this... what is this "season" you speak of?

if its over 35 and dry, i'm ridin.

See My Garage for mods...
              T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
              Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ciphony View Post
                i used to be like that.. till i had a near death experience with freezing my *** off because i thought it was 32 out but that was before the fall of temps before sunrise... 28* + 85 MPH does anyone do wind chill? oh yeah this was when i first started out as a squid and couldnt get enough riding and was wearing thin non-insulated riding gloves... let me tell you it is hard to steer a bike on the highway with your left hand on the throttle because your right just numbbed up

Yeah I know exactly what your talking about....I was wearing:
                Button up, Khakis
                Leather Over Paints, Scorpion All-In Leather Jacket with Liner, hoodie on under that, and Gauntlet Thinsilate Style Gloves, full face helmet, with a leather fleece neck wrap thing (like a triangle piece of leather with fleece on the backside and Velcro to hold it together) ....My hands were still pretty close to froze after 30 miles.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
                  I still ask this... what is this "season" you speak of?

if its over 35 and dry, i'm ridin.

That's how I am as a cyclist and hope to have the gonads to be the same way with motorcycles as well.
                  My rides:
                  2000 Katana 600 (Red) 13,400k milesWith a 2005 6000 mile motor!

Comment

My baby is in NC waiting for me Hopefully I will be riding her long and in about a week and a half!
                    Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                    MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kruzuki View Post
                      I changed my oil and air filter before I put my bike away for the winter. That way, I have nothing to do except hook up the battery and I'm good to go as soon as the weather improves (other than cleaning off the dust). I had an insulated garage door installed at the beginning of winter so my bike has been nice and warm.

BTW, what's a 'triple charger'?
                      Sorry Trickle Charger I meant I call it a triple sometimes though cause It charges 3 times as fast I believe haha

Originally posted by johna600 View Post
                      were in indiana do u live... spt?
                      Springport, It's outside of Muncie...

Comment

Originally posted by 95kat650 View Post
                        ...Who knows what will happen Indiana weather is so unpredictable....

Ha, like Michigan is any better man Feel your pain (but I did get out on the road last Saturday!)
                        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

Originally posted by Woodmysta View Post
                          My baby is in NC waiting for me Hopefully I will be riding her long and in about a week and a half!
                          Yeah, good luck. With the 50 degree weather one day, then the snow, then rain, weather has been uncooperative around here. I haven't ridden in a while, but when you get here look me up.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X