X

Carb. sync. on '06 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb. sync. on '06 600

I'm still learning, so don't bash me too bad. I pulled up the on-line manual and did a quick search but didn't see the answer right off. I'm about to do the carb sync. and number 4 cylinder vacuum fitting is different size. Am I having a senior moment or is the case? Number 4 cylinder has a hose going from tank to same place as the vacuum connection on other carbs. Sorry if this has been addressed. Thanks.

Originally posted by Timan View Post
    I'm still learning, so don't bash me too bad. I pulled up the on-line manual and did a quick search but didn't see the answer right off. I'm about to do the carb sync. and number 4 cylinder vacuum fitting is different size. Am I having a senior moment or is the case? Number 4 cylinder has a hose going from tank to same place as the vacuum connection on other carbs. Sorry if this has been addressed. Thanks.
    Pretty sure the vacuum ports are all the same across the 4 carb bodies, and the port your thinking of is actually the petcock vacuum port (not the same thing).

Been a while since I worked on a pair of post carbs though.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

It's not so long since I balanced a set of pre98 carbs, and Kreylyn is right. All 4 vacuum ports are the same, the extra on the 4th carb is for the fuel petcock.

Comment

I certainly can't argue when I'm the one asking. My bike is an '06 and reading left to right; cylinders 1 to 3 have the vacuum connection at the 1 o'clock position. Cylinder 4 is at same position but has a line connected to tank and is a bigger connection port. I do not see another vacuum port on no. 4 carb. It's not such a big deal, I just don't want to pull the mercury out of my tool.

Comment

Mine is the same.
          #4 has a bigger port, I can barely get the hose on mine compared to the rest. So far Mine is the only Kat that I have seen like this.

It should not make a difference, you merc tool should have restrictors in the lines that balance the pressure regardless the size of the ports
          if not... make or buy some
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by Timan View Post
            I certainly can't argue when I'm the one asking. My bike is an '06 and reading left to right; cylinders 1 to 3 have the vacuum connection at the 1 o'clock position. Cylinder 4 is at same position but has a line connected to tank and is a bigger connection port. I do not see another vacuum port on no. 4 carb. It's not such a big deal, I just don't want to pull the mercury out of my tool.
            I tried to check carbs 102 pdf, but the pics are not good enough to show me all 4 ports.

I can't authoritivly say yes or no. If your definately not seeing a 4th matching sync port, then I can only say maybe it is different. Pictures would be helpful though, if possible.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for at least not making me feel so stupid. I just pulled up parts fiche for the '06 and yes number 4 carb. is different. Just seems odd to me that 3 are capped and one runs to the petcock. But after 25-30 different m/c's, I'll believe anything.

Comment

Not that you need another verification, but yes the 4th port is bigger. I try to reuse the same vac line on that carb during a sync so the stretched out hose isn't sitting loosely on another carb. Every once and awhile I will snip off that last 1/2" of hose to make everything all nice and tight again.
                -2000 "750"

Comment

I do remember putting about 3" short vacuum line hoses on the 4 ports so the stuck up just above the caps, and then plugged those off for the post carbs, so that sync ports was significantly easier access. Just use a hose connected to plug into them.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    I do remember putting about 3" short vacuum line hoses on the 4 ports so the stuck up just above the caps, and then plugged those off for the post carbs, so that sync ports was significantly easier access. Just use a hose connected to plug into them.

Krey

I couldn't do this because they rubbed the choke rail. Maybe I need to find a smaller OD tube.
                    -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                      I couldn't do this because they rubbed the choke rail. Maybe I need to find a smaller OD tube.
                      I used "vacuum line" from auto zone... it wasn't very thick, not like the fuel lines anyways.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Comment

I'd like to highly recommend this to the op. On a post at least, it is a pain in the arse getting those vac caps back on after syncing.
                        -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
                        X