X

Windscreen upgrade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen upgrade?

Hey guys, for those who have gotten a different windscreen...Im looking to upgrade(more towards the touring side).

Im stuck between the double bubble and the "flip up" windscreen. I dont want a 2foot screen...but if the benefits are THAT great, I might consider the touring zero gravity screen.

Anyone used any of these? Funds are short, but I plan on taking quite a few decent distance rides, and the stock screen just doesnt do...well...much unless im laying on the bike.

As always, any input is appreciated!

(note: im thinking of getting my brother the "double bubble" windscreen for his pre as he hates the current one [no wind blockage...and...its purple ])

no <3?

Comment

I'm looking at the upgrade too.
      From what I've read the ZG touring does help alot but as you say a bit ugly.

Some don't like way the lines of the double bubble compete with the lines of the Kat.

I had a credit card ready on the weekend to buy a ZG online but the shipping to Canada is an additional 35 bucks.

I have email the Canadian distributer so we'll see..
      Blackdog
      DRz-400e plated
      Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

I picked up a "double bubble" one for more touring this summer. I can't testify to how it works, but their build looks to be as nice as Zero Gravitys.

Comment

i have a zero gravity light smoke windscreen and i love it. its not a touring one though.
          sigpic
          If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

just got one too, cant tell if i like it or not yet. mine was a ebay item

Comment

I just ordered the ZG TOURING in dark smoke, I've heard great things about it!!

Comment

mike69,

Who'd you order from and if I may ask, how much?
                I was quoted 119.00 CDN$
                Blackdog
                DRz-400e plated
                Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Originally posted by sporty_drew View Post
                  I picked up a "double bubble" one for more touring this summer. I can't testify to how it works, but their build looks to be as nice as Zero Gravitys.

Was that for a pre?

Comment

Originally posted by bambambam View Post
                    Was that for a pre?
                    Yeah it is.

Comment

I went with the smoked touring shield it made a big difference in wind protection. Very happy with it!
                      Attached Files
                      2003 Katana 750F
                      1986 VFR 700F

Comment

backdog,
                        I ordered from podium, $109cdn.

Comment

I still haven't been able to find out what are the pros and cons between a double bubble and a higher touring screen. I want a new screen too, but am really torn as to what to get.

Comment

Where can you get the higher screen for the pre bikes?
                            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Sporty Drew,
                              Where did you get a double bubble for a pre?I would like to see pics with it on if you could post them.

Comment

Working...
                              X