X

clutch help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch help?

Did the normal adjust..... upper all the way in. Loosen nut, turn screw out 3 or 4 times than back in til high resistance that back out 1/2. Set nut and try to adjust at top. Clutch will not let go, no forward movement when I let it out.

follow the service manual

See My Garage for mods...
    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Thanks Jb. Back to engaging but the clutch won't let go from 2-3 and 3-4. Didn't get to play with the cable adjuster on the housing but don't think it matters. 8900 miles on the bike, could it be time for a new clutch?

Comment

Originally posted by keppy382 View Post
        Thanks Jb. Back to engaging but the clutch won't let go from 2-3 and 3-4. Didn't get to play with the cable adjuster on the housing but don't think it matters. 8900 miles on the bike, could it be time for a new clutch?
        i got 40,000 on my oem but i ride like grandma.if your saying it won't disengage by 'won't let go'.BTW i have changed the springs a few times though.
        Last edited by the wind; 02-21-2010, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the wind View Post
          BTW i have changed the springs a few times though.
          Kinda what I'm thinking if the adjustment won't help...
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Keppy Pm me your number and I will walk you through it. The how to I did up will work or I would not have posted it. If after we go through the how to and it still will not disengage then your clutch plates are shot and your steel plates may need to be replaced as well. Took me about 2 months a few years back to get mine to finally work.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

High is the clutch master...

Comment

Working...
              X