X

Legal lights on motorcycle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal lights on motorcycle

Louisiana it is legal to ride with LED lights on the road as long as they do not flash and they can not be blue. Please post your state and let everyone know the limits of lighting on bikes in your state.

Louisiana
    No flashing
    No Blue
    Last edited by blacksilver; 04-16-2010, 09:10 PM.

PA it is legal to have LEDs on the bike so long as they do not flash or strobe while running.

Any color is legal
    I am a Penn State fanatic.
    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

anybody know about FL's laws... just moved down here, and very curious, seeing as how my led's are all blue.

i know in jersey, it's illegal to run them at all... got pulled over a few times for it

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
      "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

NYC it is NOT legal to have any lights besides stock glowing from a motorcycle.
        -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by airforceranger49 View Post
          anybody know about FL's laws... just moved down here, and very curious, seeing as how my led's are all blue.

Florida is legal to ride with LEDs on that do not flash or strobe.
          - NO RED, NO BLUE, NO YELLOW

Any thing else is fair game...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
            NYC it is NOT legal to have any lights besides stock glowing from a motorcycle.

I shoudl drive into NYC with my lights blasting. I think they could only tell me to turn them off as I am from PA and legal in my state...

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
              Florida is legal to ride with LEDs on that do not flash or strobe.
              - NO RED, NO BLUE, NO YELLOW

Any thing else is fair game...
              well, then screw 'em, i guess... i aint switchin all my led's out if some cop wants to be a prick

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
              "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

anyone know about wisconsin laws. and what colors. been wanting to put lights on it but not sure if its legal.

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                  PA it is legal to have LEDs on the bike so long as they do not flash or strobe while running.

Any color is legal
                  *With the exception of Red and Blue together.
                  ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                  チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                  Semper Fi

Comment

Ohio, all colors game just as long as the bulb or led isn't visible, not sure on the flashing and strobing thoe

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                      *With the exception of Red and Blue together.
                      Actually so long as they do not blink, flash, nor strobe they are fine. The law passed gives no exception for colors and to imitate a police oficer they would have to have the lights not be solidly on....

They are however talking about updating the wording since this is a loophole right now in the eyes of many.

Comment

It was a matter of discussion in our legal updates last month, and the MPOTEC instructor talked about caselaw, where a magistrate upheld the officers citation for "Disorderly conduct" on a motorcycle operator for having red and blue LED's mounted, and operational, in a location on the bike (assuming on the front). It all comes down to the magistrate, and how they interpret/enforce the law. One of our ADA's told me that I can write for it, if I choose, but that I have to write a non traffic citation for Disorderly conduct, until the law is amended.

So the operator takes the same 50/50 shot in having them, as I do in writing for it.
                        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                        Semper Fi

Comment

I believe thats all in the position tho. I had asked one of our local cops about my tail light that rolls back n forth. He had pulled out his Pa vehicle inspection manual and gave me the all clear saying that as long as they weren't fwd facing it was fine. Just sayin
                          Joker
                          The newest addition to the Family!
                          sigpic
                          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                            I shoudl drive into NYC with my lights blasting. I think they could only tell me to turn them off as I am from PA and legal in my state...
                            You might be able to beat them in the head and say that it can't turn off and that your from PA. Actually, my correction, since your plate is PA, they can't legally stop you but if they want to be A-holes they might. Or they might just want to check your license since a lot of ny residents have PA plates but forget to convert the license over.

Either way, you will be installing mines so I can get pulled over.
                            -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
                              You might be able to beat them in the head and say that it can't turn off and that your from PA. Actually, my correction, since your plate is PA, they can't legally stop you but if they want to be A-holes they might. Or they might just want to check your license since a lot of ny residents have PA plates but forget to convert the license over.

Either way, you will be installing mines so I can get pulled over.
                              Bring the bike down homie. We will have an illegal LED party with wires, splicers, coronas, wire strippers, coronas, butt splices, coronas, some wire thing a ma jig, cooooorrrrrrrrrooooooooonnnnnassss, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LOL

Scout - In all honesty not worth the hassle for you I woudl think till they changed the law. I really dont care as my current ride is all blue BUT by the letter of the law right now any color set up is legal so long as they dont flash or strobe. Your call I guess but if I did have those lights I know I would fight the fine. Haven't lost in court yet.....

Comment

Working...
                              X