X

Riding today....Biker`s down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding today....Biker`s down

Hey KR, Just got back from riding up into the twisties like I do every Sunday. Stopped for coffee and a cig at a cafe with some other Harley people when I got the bad news. Apparently not far behind me, a cage failed a left hand curve and got sideways into the only other lane--the 2 up Harley and well..............not pretty. When I headed back the only thing I could recognize was a gas tank and handlebars which were under the passenger side door. Car was totaled left side. No survivors I was told. Man and girl. Sad. I slowed my happy a-- down all the way home.....sorta.
    sigpic

Dang... that's just crªp... sad news bro
    Too old to dream, too young to reason...
    I am fond of my rough edges.
    sigpic

Comment

Sad news indeed........
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I think that the world would be a better place if the government would just ban cages during bike season. Just leave buses, commercial trucks and bikes on the road, if you can't ride, bus. I think it would help the environment too.

I hate hearing about crashed up riders.

Jet

Comment

Originally posted by Kat96 View Post
          Hey KR, Just got back from riding up into the twisties like I do every Sunday. Stopped for coffee and a cig at a cafe with some other Harley people when I got the bad news. Apparently not far behind me, a cage failed a left hand curve and got sideways into the only other lane--the 2 up Harley and well..............not pretty. When I headed back the only thing I could recognize was a gas tank and handlebars which were under the passenger side door. Car was totaled left side. No survivors I was told. Man and girl. Sad. I slowed my happy a-- down all the way home.....sorta.

Where was this?
          sigpic

Comment

Very sad!

Comment

Prayers sent to they're family . R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by jetmerritt View Post

I hate hearing about crashed up riders.

Jet
                +1
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

That is sad,
                  Prayers to the family RIP
                  The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                  http://myspace.com/solsticio
                  www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

It's always hard to hear that news, could have happened to anyone of us. RIP

Comment

that sucks. i hate to hear of a biker getting hurt at the fault of a cager. Really nothing you can do in that situation. RIP
                      sigpic
                      If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                        Where was this?
                        Hwy 74 from Palm Desert to Idyllwyld. It was on the news this morning and last night. The girl passenger on the bike survived and the teenage driver of the cage did too but not his grl-passenger. So I was told.............
                        Last edited by Kat96; 02-15-2010, 09:11 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

What is a cage/cager?
                          I invite you to church.

Comment

Cage = automobile

Comment

Originally posted by beachflyer View Post
                              that sucks. i hate to hear of a biker getting hurt at the fault of a cager. Really nothing you can do in that situation. RIP
                              +1 Really...
                              In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

Working...
                              X