Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspect you bike...

Motorcycle crash kills one, seriously injures another

Thursday, February 4, 2010

PINELLAS COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- A motorcycle crash on I-275 near 28th Street South seriously injured a man and killed a woman Thursday night.
    According to the Florida Highway Patrol, at about 7:30 p.m. William Riley, 63, of Tierra Verde, was riding a 2009 Harley Davidson TriGlide, a three-wheel motorcycle. Janet Riley, 63, of Tierra Verde, was a passenger.
    FHP said they were traveling southbound on I-275 in the center lane when the left rear wheel of the bike came off, causing the William Riley to lose control.
    Both Rileys were ejected into the grass median, where the motorcycle also landed.
    Janet Riley died at the scene. William Riley was transported to Bayfront Hospital where he is in serious condition.

I actually was out for a ride coming home from the gym during the time this happened.

check your bike before you ride
    R.I.P.
    Last edited by Mat0302; 02-04-2010, 11:32 PM.
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Guess that is why MSF teaches the T-CLOCS to students. There's enough dangerous stuff to worry about when riding (cagers, road debris, oil, etc.) without having to worry about your bike falling apart.
    "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Last time I checked the bike over I discovered one of my center stand bolts had come loose.

Going ovetr the bike with a torque wrench once and a while is never a bad idea, but is one thing missed by many DIY'ers.
      Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by Shipster View Post
        Guess that is why MSF teaches the T-CLOCS to students. There's enough dangerous stuff to worry about when riding (cagers, road debris, oil, etc.) without having to worry about your bike falling apart.
        This is EXACTLY what I was about to say.

its a good idea in weekly maintenance, especially for the harley crowd's 6 hour polish and detail day, to make time to inspect everything.

theres no excuse for not checking things like axles, tire pressure, fluids, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X