X

chain and sprocket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chain and sprocket

anyone know where i can get a new chain and 2 new sprockets? for under 75 bucks id like a 2+ sprocket in the rear for a little better torque and a stock one for the front? the shop down the street has a chain that was 100.00 msrp on it and hell sell me it for 20 buck because some guy never finished paying for it. its a oring chain too. and he can get some after market prockets all for under 75 bucks. what do yall think?

Under $75? Yeah...you're dreaming...

I got an RK chain and went 14/50 on the gearing. The chain was $80 off ebay and the sprockets another 75 or so, total was a bit over $150.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Unless you find a great deal on Ebay, I'd expect to pay a minimum of $150 for the chain and sprockets, unless it's a very low quality chain.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

$129.99 + $20 shipping is the best/lowest deal I've found yet for parts that are of a quality to be usable and not need replacement in 3k miles.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

no joke the guy at the honda stealership printed off a invoise that says for 2 sprockets and a chain for 75 dollars!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattsch18 View Post
            .... what do yall think?
            Get the product names and info, so we can comment on if your getting ripped with cheap parts that will wear out in 3 weeks of use, or if you really are getting a good deal.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

JT sprockets and a 530 "parts unlimited" chain, guy says its the same as a DID chain.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                $129.99 + $20 shipping is the best/lowest deal I've found yet for parts that are of a quality to be usable and not need replacement in 3k miles.

Krey
                Where did you see that ??? I need 532 conversion for an 1100. I think I want to go 1-2 down in the rear. I figure that should help the lack of a 6th gear.
                The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
                  Where did you see that ??? I need 532 conversion for an 1100. I think I want to go 1-2 down in the rear. I figure that should help the lack of a 6th gear.

sumofallparts.net

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

Sounds to good to be true but if it is true buy it before someone else does
                    TimT794

Comment

Parts unlimited chains can be had for $20-$35 on a regular basis. Check bikebandit, or dennis kirk for examples. I have no info and find very few reviews of their chains online...

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Comment

Send a message to HS2020, he'll hook you up. Very helpful!!

Comment

Sorry to jack...but...do the x ring chains live up to the hype?

Comment

Working...
                          X