X

2005 and 2006 750's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 and 2006 750's

Hello. I'm looking at buying my first Katana, which will be a 750. I found a few out there with low miles and low prices, so I thought maybe buy one to ride and one to part.

My questions are: Do the parts from an '05 and '06 interchange? Do other years interchange? Where can I find this info here at Katriders?

Thanks.

03-06 models are pretty much the same, and all parts should swap for the most part.
    98-02 models are pretty much the same, and all parts should swap for the most part.
    In 03, the changes made were minor... the tail section was changed, the front forks are wider apart, and the axle is larger. Most other parts will still interchange between them.
    98 was a major revamp of the bike, over the 97 and prior models. This is why there is reference to "pre" and "post" models, refering to this major change.

There is more info... check out the mods or paint sections. The stickies have alot of info in them, so be sure to check out those first.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The only difference between an 05 and 06 is the 06 has clear front turn lens. Anything 98+ (known as a post) is interchangable except some tail pieces.

Lots of info on here if you search, take a look around.

I'm too slow
      Last edited by Blackdog; 01-26-2010, 10:06 AM. Reason: sp
      Blackdog
      DRz-400e plated
      Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog View Post
        The only difference between an 05 and 06 is the 06 has clear front turn lens. Anything 98+ (known as a post) is interchangable except some tail pieces.
        Also, from reading around here, the front end i.e. wheel, brake disks, forks(?), etc. are different from the 1998-2002 to 2003-2006.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
        X