Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How many bought a Kat because it was a Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bought the kat i have now cause my first sportbike was a kat.... was riding cruisers for the last 5 years and got sick of riding a lazyboy.... got on my local craigslist and bought the first kat i found

Comment

I wasnt looking for just a Kat, but it was tied for #1 with the ZZR when I was hunting around. Iknew the comfort that the Kat had from sitting on several when I was looking around (I'm a bit of a showroom *****). I was looking between Kat/SV650s/ZZR. But For some reason it was more between the ZZR and Kat for local options. Found my Kat before a ZZR , rode her, loved her then, loved her all the way to work this morning (sounds a bit off when I phrase it like that...)
      "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

Found a good deal on my Kat... Have since just put more $$ into it because I love it so much. The only thing that was a must have was a one piece seat so the wife had a comfortable ride too. That and the fact that I'm not hunched over like most sports bikes makes longer rides much nicer.
        Land of the free because of the brave

Comment

I wanted a 1982 Kat 1100 so I sought one out.
          1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by exc911ence View Post
            I wanted a 1982 Kat 1100 so I sought one out.
            After seeing yours and Waltari's I want one too... but house needs painted first. Damn responsibilities!
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Thought I was ready for a Harley after not having ridden in 20yrs...tested an 88 Sportster 1200. Bike was ****e, but remembered how much fun a bike actually is!

My wife still likes sport bikes (she's newly 30). Started researching and found I liked Katana's price, looks, insurance rate, and simplicity.

Found mine in NH while snow still on ground. Tested without helmet (Live Free or Die...)! SOLD!!! Rode it home wearing a motocross helmet and a pair of shades...

Comment

A guy at work was selling his bike, that's about it. It could have been any sport bike. I like my Kat but I have out grown it. I am not into putting a larger engine in or mods.
                Last edited by Salz07; 05-05-2010, 10:30 PM.
                sigpic

RIP CP
                50th Anniv R6
                95 Katana 600
                http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

i wont lie got mine cause of price paid $400 and rode it home put about $400 into it and about 7000 miles later still lovin it dont know that i would have bought one otherwise though

Comment

only thing i could afford at the moment that look decent and rides good with a wopping 600cc, pick it up for $1k 96 kat, vance hines exhaust, stage 1 kit. i'm happy no cosmetic damage and it had 23k for miles. PO took care of his toys.
                    this is the best icon eva

Comment

• i rode a kat last year that belonged to a friend of mine. after that i just had to have one. so, i went ad hunting just for a kat. i wanted a pre 600, found one and pick-up'd it home(in the middle of a rain storm to boot) lol. the size and the power seem to fit me just right as i am not a very tall person. and i love the way it rides.

Comment

• I found mine on graigslist and I think I got a good deal.2006 600 for $3500 with 1700 miles on it.I here the kat was more upright riding than say like a honda cbr or a yamaha r and so on.I love it.Its a great bike.........
                        Last edited by poppy_kurt; 05-06-2010, 02:33 AM.
                        2006 GSX600F
                        www.tsbr.us
                        www.weather.com
                        www.lets-ride.com

Comment

• Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                          After seeing yours and Waltari's I want one too... but house needs painted first. Damn responsibilities!
                          You mean this one?

1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by exc911ence View Post
                            You mean this one?

Rub it in A$$-hole.
                            Originally posted by arsenic
                            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

• I bought my Kat because I thought it was the best looking bike in my price range. It looked sporty even though when I got on it... not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                                It looked sporty even though when I got on it... not so much.
                                Hows that perty li'l honder holdin up?

Comment

Working...
                                X