Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How many bought a Kat because it was a Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was given my 1990 kat 600 for free. my buddy just had it sitting in his garage. He told me if i could fix it i could have it. All i had to do was clean/adjust the carbs and new fork seals and it runs/rides great.

Comment

Im kinda of in the middle, like some others in here. I knew what the katana was about before i bought it, and i did search one out, although it is not my first choice bike. it was just right for the money!
      Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
      '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

My bike

Hi
        As everything is (way too) expensive here in Norway, this little bike was the most bang for the buck (I hope) I could lay my hands on.
        Having ridden a custom I really wanted something reasonably comfy
        and not TOO powerful still with better handling than the old one :bunny2

Comment

As I read through all of the posts, it seems that $$(great deal) and insurance prices seemed to be the main reason for purchase.

After years of riding, I stopped for riding for about 8 yrs (see ex-wife) and I wanted to get back into it and did some shopping. I found an 05 Kat with under 2500 miles for 2200.00. No way I pass that deal up right? Right.....So I bought the bike...

About 3 months later I sold the Kat for 3800 and bought a 05 750 GSXR. I just found that although the bike was comfortable and a great ride, it lacked what I was looking for. I will never knock the Kat, because it is the best at what it was designed for...a reliable, economic bike that won't dent your wallet too bad during purchase.

By the way, the insurance rates aren't that much of a difference. In fact, in most cases they are the same price when it comes the SS bikes. If they are different, it shouldn't be that much of a difference that it should be a factor as to whether or not a SS bike is purchased.

Comment

I specifically searched out for my Kat. I was going for a gsxr 750, but after testing it, i knew my girlfriend at the time wanted a more comfertable passanger seat......i thought the seat was fine but knew she would complain lol!!! and while searching, i saw the katana, saw the look, body, and the pass seat, and knew it was going to be perfect. So I did some research, after that, i searched until i found one in my area. Took out a loan, and here i am

Comment

SS Bikes seemed to small to me. I wanted a bigger, longer, heavier bike for the streets something that looked sporty but comfortable fast but not blazin. The Kat was the obvious choice.
              We intimidate those who intimidate others.
              Stay Alert! Stay Alive!

Comment

Can't lie, I bought the bike for $300-400 below book value, which is already fairly cheap. However, I did like it better the SV650, I had test rode before this one.
                It's all good! It's goody good!

Comment

I purchased my first Kat back in 1983 at the tender age of 22...had just sold my Kawaski 500 triple was sick of the 2 stroke ( wish I kept that bike) because it was like nothing I had seen at that point....I sold that in 86 and purchased a 86-GSXR 1100 rode that untill I watched my best bud get smoked by a truck...sold it the next day and didnt ride on the street till I hunted for a Kat again last spring also bought a fz 750 for giggles( mid life crisis) couldnt find a 82-86 so I found my 88 1100 gsxf, looking for a 82-84 kat for a project and found one but has been butchered more than I liked so I ened up passing on it...so still looking for a older kat
                  sigpic

Comment

Mine was free, but it turned out to be more practical that what I would have chosen.

Comment

I loved the look of the Katana and searched for one... luckily finding mine.. as is!

Comment

I went searching specifically for a Kat as well. It was the first bike (and only bike) I had owned, and had not been on a bike in about 8 years and wanted to get back on something I knew I'd be comfortable with. I don't think I've gone wrong with a kat at all, aside form the fact that I'm not as compact as I was when I owned my last Kat.

I love the bike so I'll mod it to suit me!

Comment

I wanted a Kat from the first time I saw one back in the early 90's.I bought my last one two years ago and Love the bike .Its got a look of comfort and stance that is unique to its own .The best bike i've ever owned ....had a 900cb,450 custom,400 maxim,650Dakar,ST1100,hurricane 600.....now an 05 Kat 750...if you listen to yourself then youve found the most important opinion that counts .
                          Keep the rubber side down and enjoy the legroom and power.
                          I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

The price was perfect $450 on craigslist needed some work and all new plastics but i figured what the hey winter was coming so i could just work on it and take my sweet time. Not knowing that the more i tore into it the more changes i wanted to make so it would be unique, anyways 5 mths later and still working on it coming together though, if all goes well she'll get out of the garage in mid April.

Comment

My gf and I bought 2 Katanas in 2 days last week. I knew nothing about them until I saw the ad and searched for info. Got the first one because we needed a daily driver for the coming season and it was the only bike we could find that was in decent shape and reasonably priced in the midst of the spring feeding frenzy. We liked it, and by coincidence a guy I'd bought a bunch of tools from a few months ago posted his wife's 06 Kat 600 for sale the very next day. It had only 1700 km on it; she'd dropped it at (slow) walking speed, got spooked, and stopped riding. It was too good a deal to pass up and now we have his-n-hers Katanas

Comment

gotta admit, i bought it because my mom would not let me buy a SS. she thinks this is too much for my first bike, (im 19) but have been racing motocross since i was 12. either way ive never regretted buying the kat! love it

Comment

Working...
                                X