Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How many bought a Kat because it was a Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My narrowed down choices were pretty much any big bore machine that had a decent service record. My BigKat is my first Suzuki and it has served me pretty well.

I guess opportunity and $$ were in the same room at the same time. I told my brother let me know if he gets anything in my taste range at his shop. he called me within an hour of recieving her for a consignment sell. I came out, test rode it about 20 miles (and yes, I test rode it in short sleeves). You can still see the "For Sale" sign taped to the passenger seat.

The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

1. I wasn't really looking for a bike. My 81 Yamaha 750 Seca was just fine.
      2. A friend of my son's wanted to unload his Kat in 2008 (an '02 750 w/ 7000 miles) for $3k
      3. I did research and found it wasn't the latest in high-tech wiz-bang, but I'm 50 and going no faster than 140 is OK.
      4. I'd ridden some of the other road rockets and knew I couldn't go very far that way.
      5. I was unsure of the styling.
      6. I took it for a ride
      7. I bought it
      8. I love it
      sigpic
      Pepe Bouchard

Comment

i bought my first kat because it was a kat. and i am looking for another one. i am 6'8 and just more comfortable on them than any other.

Comment

I had a budget of $2000.
          I narrowed it down to Ninja 600 and a 91 Kat 750.

I did a lot of searching and reading, then decided on the Kat.
          Mostly because of riding position and looks.

Mick M.
          Futurama: I Dated a Robot (#3.15)
          "I am Lucy Liu. Give me your spines."

Comment

I actually bought the Katana as my first bike because i fell in love with an 02 but couldnt come up with the cash. Instead i bought a 90 750 on ebay in 2002 for $ 2,500. I really like the look of the older bikes, they seem to have a lot more character than a lot of the newer stuff.

Comment

My Kat was my third bike(ninja 250, csr 650) I had heard I little about them but I only chose to get it because it was the best thing a could fine in my budget at that time and I must say I love and may never get rid of even after moving up.
              sigpic
              Navy Vet
              1998 B12
              00 GSX 600F(sold)

Comment

My first Kat I got because it was cheap. Since then I have specifically searched for Kat's every time I buy a new bike.
                Solve two of the worlds problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry.

Comment

My choice was a fazor 600 a yzf 600 or a gsxf750 I went for the suzuki for it looks and colour plus the guy in the shop gave me a good price. This is my third bike the insurance is cheap, in a few years I may go for a new Gsx1250f
                  Your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't (Bart Simpson)

Comment

I wasn't specifically looking for a Kat. But was looking for a bike that was comfortable to me (I'm not small and have sciatica) and was affordable. I had owned 2 Harley's in the past and they were both comfortable but did not meet the "affordable" criteria. I ran across a used 2003 Kat 600 with only 4600 miles on it for $2800. It definitely met the afforable criteria and once I sat on it, it met the comfortable portion as well. Now, if winter would just end so I could ride it, all would be good.

Comment

I looked for my Kat was hoping for an 1100 but couldn't pass the 2003 750 I got instead. Like what others have said they are very reliable, comfortable, sporty and best of all a little different from the me to bikes out there.
                      2003 Katana 750F
                      1986 VFR 700F

Comment

mine was bought for me as a gift, I wanted a cbr but who's gonna turn down a free bike? I'm pretty happy with my kat though.
                        sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

I bought mine because it was a Kat. Both times. bought a '99 in 03, loved it but got the fever and traded for a new cbr 600 in '05. Sold the cbr got a drz400, still had Kat fever so looked for a reasonably priced used kat this summer and finally found one in Sept. Getting ready for paint and 03+ tail swap very soon. Have to get it done for spring. Anyway, felt really good to straddle the kat again.

Comment

I bought mine because it was a kat. I would rather just ride around and tour, and the ss bikes looked like it would be painful to ride very far with out stopping to take a break. went 130 miles on it with only 1 10 min break.

Comment

I bought mine because it was a leftover and was dirt cheap and for the price I would have got stuck with a 600. Instead I road home on a brand new 750! I also bought it for the riding position as my back hurts when I ride.

Comment

I bought mine because it was cheap, insurance on it was not bad, and I had stalked this site for a while and read how good of a bike it was so I bought one. So I guess I really didn't want it because of it's Katness I guess
                                Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                                MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X