X

center stand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• center stand

just wondering what you all think, im 5'9'' and weight 155ish and i cant for tyhe life of my get the bike on the centerstand very easily so is there any realy harm in taking it off? as well as the two bars under the rear tail section?

Nope...
    No harm, at all.
    Have you read the tutorials on getting the bike on the center stand?
    Of course if you can't sit on the bike while it's up on the center stand it might be risky getting it back down. But it's all technique, not size and strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattsch18 View Post
      just wondering what you all think, im 5'9'' and weight 155ish and i cant for tyhe life of my get the bike on the centerstand very easily so is there any realy harm in taking it off? as well as the two bars under the rear tail section?
      There is a techique that makes it easy. If your set on taking it off though, no... the Pre 600s mostly did not come with one stock. So no problem at all with the operations of the bike.

It just makes working on it harder.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

and what about the lugage racks in the back? i never ride with anything other then my back pack and my girlfriend i dont really see a need for the racks

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
          Nope...
          No harm, at all.
          Have you read the tutorials on getting the bike on the center stand?
          Of course if you can't sit on the bike while it's up on the center stand it might be risky getting it back down. But it's all technique, not size and strength.
          Is this the best tutorial here?: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...t=center+stand

I went through it looking for the video everyone talked about making, but didn't see one.

Comment

Working...
          X