• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel switch again?

I'm still having problems,
    my katana 2005 has the switch that has fuel,pri,on,res decal
    so when I turn off my bike should I leave it on the on position,
    cuz someone told me to put it on the fuel position,I ride it every day?
    the other day I left it on the on position,cold start and i kill the battery,
    need help??

Originally posted by dannyre View Post
    I'm still having problems,
    my katana 2005 has the switch that has fuel,pri,on,res decal
    so when I turn off my bike should I leave it on the on position,
    cuz someone told me to put it on the fuel position,I ride it every day?
    the other day I left it on the on position,cold start and i kill the battery,
    need help??
    "fuel" isn't a position... it's a label.

On, Res, Prime are the 3 settings.

On is only on when the bike is running if the petcock is working right.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Leave it in the "on" position unless it's been a few days or more since it last run, then flip it to "prime" and start it, once running flip it back to "on".
      2000 Katana 600
      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

THANKS

Comment

what are the defferences in the positions? the amount of fuel delivered?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattsch18 View Post
            what are the defferences in the positions? the amount of fuel delivered?

On = Fuel flows normally only when vacuum is applied... Vaccum is applied when the motor is turning over only.

RES = Reserve. This settings pulls from a lower point in the tank. If your in the on position, and run out of gas, reserve gives you a little longer to go to get to the gas station. It's kind of a safty backup for gas if your not paying attention. Fuel still only flows when vacuum is applied.

Prime = No vacuum needed to allow fuel to flow. This is used to prime or fill your bowls prior to starting the motor, without needing to turn the motor to apply vacuum.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

And if your petcock and carbs are good, you can actually run it on prime with no concern, shouldn't overflow at all. I did for the longest time and had no problem.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou View Post
                And if your petcock and carbs are good, you can actually run it on prime with no concern, shouldn't overflow at all. I did for the longest time and had no problem.
                if you ever have a float problem,it will be seen(smelled) sooner.

Comment

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find ya handy."

Are many Yanks familiar with the Red Green Show? We used to get it in Albany NY on our PBS station, but no more. The old one's were better... a favorite was the K-car turned into a lawn care device.

"I'm a man, but I can change if I have to, I guess."

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
                  Leave it in the "on" position unless it's been a few days or more since it last run, then flip it to "prime" and start it, once running flip it back to "on".
                  Oops, last post didn't "reply" the way I thought it would... still fumbling my way around here!
                  Last edited by crackedpot; 01-24-2010, 12:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by crackedpot View Post
                    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find ya handy."

Are many Yanks familiar with the Red Green Show? We used to get it in Albany NY on our PBS station, but no more. The old one's were better... a favorite was the K-car turned into a lawn care device.

Red Green Show

The best was when he modded a car's driver-side door to open with a garage dorr opener lol needless to say, it required a TON of duct tape.....
                    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

Working...
                    X