X

Not a Kat but wanted an opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a Kat but wanted an opinion

Found this bike in my area: http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/1559548071.html

Was thinking about trying to pick it up (maybe haggle down the price a bit). I know a lot of KR folks ride for hours upon hours, but have some hip and back issues and if I ride for more than 1.5 hours it kills me. Wondering what people's opinion on this/these bikes are for longer touring rides.

HPIM0540.jpg
    Attached Files
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

my first bike was a 92 seca 2 when i was 16 i loved that bike
    sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
    www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Meh. If it were a Seca Turbo maybe because when it craps out you can at least salvage the turbo. You can do better for $1,700.00
      Needs an anger powered jetpack.

Comment

Less power, and not near the parts availability. Personally, I'd still run with a kat, fitted with bar risers/renthals, and maybe a Corbin seat (somebody on here had one for sale a few days ago).
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

thanks guys
          "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Comment

Looks like it would be a comfortable 2 up bike. Id roll it.
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

I love all brands of bikes, but I agree, you can do more with your bike to get it to your comfort level, and save lots of cash over spending it on that, and have to worry about parts availability and what not
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

same power as an EX500, 18" rear wheel and 2 extra cylinders without the liquid cooling. not worth 1700 IMO.

Comment

I bought a 92 Seca II with nearly 36,000 mi. on the bike for $450 last year. The bike needed tires, clutch lever, had some rust in the tank and the exhaust headers were rusted pretty good.

I found replacement tires for $40, brand new Supertrapp full exhaust for $250 and rode that bike for the whole summer. It was a great fun bike, rev'ing at 9000+ rpm that little engine rocks.

I sold the Seca for $1200 back in October to make room for my Blackbird XX, neat little bike.. great fun.

Comment

like already said can do better for the money.

Comment

Air cooled, 2 valves per cylinder, 5 speed, and an 18" rear wheel which will make tire choice slim at best. I'd look for something else. http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...DiversionS.htm
                      John,
                      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X