99' Suzuki Katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99' Suzuki Katana 750

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and had a couple of questions regarding this bike. I am looking at getting a 99' Katana 750 with around 10,800 miles on it. My question that I have is whether or not it is possible to put a GSXR tail on it. I am not a fan of the stock one and am wondering if there are any aftermarket parts I could buy for it, or if there are GSXR ones that will fit it. I appreciate any help y'all could give.

Here is a look at the bike as well

Thanks,

C.J.

well, you CAN put a GSXR tail on the katana, but it involves modification to your subframe, and adding rearset mounts for your pegs to fully fix it.

Comment

Do you know of any aftermarket parts that I could buy without doing any modifications?

Comment

It's a lot of work to put a GSXR tail on (not like bolting on stuff work, more like cutting and welding work). You can, however, put on a later model Katana tail, which is better looking IMO. I think it was 2003 and up that had the different tail, but I'm not positive.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Can you put a 2003 model on a 1999 without and real modification? I am not skilled enough to try and do the cutting and welding that would be involved with that sort of project..

Are there any decent websites out there that I can look for aftermarket parts for the Katana....ones that you all would recommend.

Thanks

C.J.
          Last edited by clifford7889; 01-18-2010, 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If you search around on here, you should be able to find someone that has done the tail swap. I don't remember the specifics, but I don't believe there is much beyond the fairings, the tail light, and maybe some bracketry.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I'm just sayin, but that thing is WAY overpriced.
              sigpic

Comment

I don't think it's "way overpriced"... it definately is not what I would call a great deal though.

For 3k, why not just buy something with the tail you prefer....

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I appreciate the searching Kreylyn, but I have had my eye on the Katana for a while. I wanted to go into the dealership with the intention of spending around 3k altogether. Around 2500 for the bike and then close to 3k with a helmet, jacket, and plates. That and this is going to be my first bike and I guess i just feel like it would be a great bike to start on...

Comment

Originally posted by clifford7889 View Post
                    I appreciate the searching Kreylyn, but I have had my eye on the Katana for a while. I wanted to go into the dealership with the intention of spending around 3k altogether. Around 2500 for the bike and then close to 3k with a helmet, jacket, and plates. That and this is going to be my first bike and I guess i just feel like it would be a great bike to start on...

That's cool man. I like my Kat alot as well, with just a couple of things that I always wanted to change.

Sounds like more research on a tail mod...

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

With low miles it could be a great bike ....if its mint as it looks it very well may be . my 02 kat -600 with a carbon slip-on /15,000 miles sold fast for $2200

Comment

Are there any websites that anyone knows of that would have good aftermarket accessories?

Comment

there arent nearly as many aftermarket accessories for bikes as there are for cars. theres stuff like GSXR cams I think, bigger motors, sprocket kits to change gearing, little stuff, not like cars wehre EVERYTHING can be altered.

Comment

welcome to KR. i love my 98 750 Kat.
                            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Forget the tail mod, just buy it and ride it... $3000 for a 99 Kat 750 w/10k mi. is a fair deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X