X

My foot less woman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My foot less woman

I bought some saddle bags from field sheer and before i bought them i measured the distance between the exhaust and the top of the seat so i could make sure they dont catch fire. i also measured the approximate distance that i wanted them to stick out so my bike doesn't look stupid with them on. so i thought i figured out exactly what size i wanted. found that size then bought them for fairly cheap (on sale). i put them on stuffed them full of crap then took a ride. they look great, ride great, and feel great....

Then my girl friend comes into the garage and says! WTF!!! WHERE ARE MY FEET SUPPOSED TO GO! THERE IS NO ROOM FOR MY FEET!

I look down and see that she only has about three inches between the foot pegs and the front bottom of the bags. I love it when she comes with me and i bought these bags so she doesn't have to carry a back pack when we ride so i must find a solution to this.

even if it is for me to sell these saddle bags to someone for something smaller.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Her foot needs more than 3" for the heel to hook behind the peg?

Big feet?

Pics of the current setup might help in resolving the issue for you.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

looks can be decieving.did she try to sit on the bike with them on?o ya

Comment

Spin the bags 180 degrees maybe?
        -2000 "750"

Comment

yeah she tried to sit on it and the best she could do it have her heel on the peg and the rest of her foot on the exhaust. that seems bad. i'll get some pics tomorrow morning before i leave for death valley.
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

Yeah, post pics...of your girlfriend. LOL

And don't forget to post pics of your Death Valley trip too, m'kay.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

lol i melted one and tore the other on the rear wheel.... so i dont know what i'm gonna do with them.... perhaps i'll cover them with more material and get a rear hugger. what do ya'll think?

ps the pics are comming from my buddies phone i just got to get him to email them to me.
              Tony
              94 Katana 600

Comment

tore with tire??? You do know that they are supposed to go on the sides of the bike and not above/below the tail.. yes?

j/k
                -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                  I bought some saddle bags from field sheer and before i bought them i measured the distance between the exhaust and the top of the seat so i could make sure they dont catch fire. i also measured the approximate distance that i wanted them to stick out so my bike doesn't look stupid with them on. so i thought i figured out exactly what size i wanted. found that size then bought them for fairly cheap (on sale). i put them on stuffed them full of crap then took a ride. they look great, ride great, and feel great....

Then my girl friend comes into the garage and says! WTF!!! WHERE ARE MY FEET SUPPOSED TO GO! THERE IS NO ROOM FOR MY FEET!

I look down and see that she only has about three inches between the foot pegs and the front bottom of the bags. I love it when she comes with me and i bought these bags so she doesn't have to carry a back pack when we ride so i must find a solution to this.

even if it is for me to sell these saddle bags to someone for something smaller.
                  Tell her to stop flat footing!

Comment

my buddy ca't get the pics off his phone!
                    Tony
                    94 Katana 600

Comment

after looking at pics of huggers on kats today i don't think that a hugger will solve the problem of the tire hitting the saddle bags. i think i'm boned...
                      Tony
                      94 Katana 600

Comment

after looking at pics of huggers on kats today i don't think that a hugger will solve the problem of the tire hitting the saddle bags. i think i'm boned...

I don't understand how the tire would hit them...

Mine doesn't come close, and I have a phat arsed tire on mine.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

the cross wind i was riding though made them bounce out and slam back into the tire.

oh and i have very little plastics on my bike so normally i think people wouldn't have a problem.
                          Last edited by il_ragazzo; 01-19-2010, 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          Tony
                          94 Katana 600

Comment

there comes a time when every girl must ride her own . So heres your chance to upgrade and let her ride with the saddle bags

Comment

the cross wind i was riding though made them bounce out and slam back into the tire.

oh and i have very little plastics on my bike so normally i think people wouldn't have a problem.
                              Mine came with multiple tie straps that when properly placed, won't allow for any movement any direction.

Photos from Deal's Gap Nov. 15th Sunday 2009 - Professionally Photographed by Xtreme Sports Photography © 2024

Krey
                              Last edited by Kreylyn; 01-19-2010, 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                              X