X

easy replacement and possible peg upgrades galore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy replacement and possible peg upgrades galore

You may or may not like it but i found a peg that with a few washers is a easy replacement for the 01 kat and like models. It came off my buddys harley sportster and given that this fits i bet there are plenty of harley pegs or pegs that fit a sportster that could also fit the kat. heres mine

Fife

Ive actually have some what of the some ones, mine are the cheaper version. All rubber, no chrome. But they also came off a friends Sportster. I couldnt find any originals in good shape for cheap. Pegs are pegs.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

my friend has those on his 93 too. his droop like holy crap. I want to actually see some good solid mounted rearsets that dont have those crappy rubber things on em mounted to the frame.

Comment

he probably need to shim them with washers

Comment

I think those look cool. Other than shimming them any other mods to fit them?
          sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

Comment

I'll stick with the GP pegs from Competition Werks that are actually made for the bike and look like sport bike pegs.

Last edited by hardlydangerous; 01-09-2010, 10:41 AM.
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Those look nice. Thanks for link
              Randy

Comment

i like the gp pegs as well, probably more even, just that my replacements were free and a fast fix, i kept trying to shift and it wasnt working with a nub for a peg.

As for mods, you remove a c type clip, remove the spring, and fit the post that retains the peg with as many washer as you need for a snug fit and reinstall, pretty straight forward and easier if you remove the peg bracket with allen keys.

Fife

Comment

as a note, i posted this in the CB last night, but http://www.d2moto.com has the Comp Werkes pegs for $54 a set... they often post 40% off sales also...

See My Garage for mods...
                  T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                  Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

do the gsxr and gsxf have different mounting brackets, i see most gsxr mounting spots looking like they fit outside a point, like a U or a C and the gsxf has a spot that fits inside a U or C, if you dont know what im referring to let me know.

Fife

Comment

GSXR and Kat front pegs are different... the back are similar for most of the zuki bikes.

d2moto.com is having thier 40% off sale now, code WS40 at checkout.

See My Garage for mods...
                      T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                      Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Have you guys seen these on ebay i love the price but idk if id be willing to put any weight on them what do guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
                          GSXR and Kat front pegs are different... the back are similar for most of the zuki bikes.

d2moto.com is having thier 40% off sale now, code WS40 at checkout.
                          Just went there to order front pegs and they are out of stock. Oh well.

Originally posted by cleankat96 View Post
                          Have you guys seen these on ebay i love the price but idk if id be willing to put any weight on them what do guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Unive...Q5fAccessories
                          For that price it wouldn't hurt to try them.

Comment

Working...
                          X