X

Fair Price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair Price

I'm looking at at 2004 Katana 750 with 2500(two thousand five hundred) miles on it. The bike is in excellent shape. What is a fair price for the bike. A range would be good. Thanks in advance..

With only 2500 miles on it, it should sit on the high end of retail value (provided that its condition reflects its mileage). NADA puts high retail at around $3600. It's winter, so I wouldn't probably go over 3 for it. Maybe 32-33 if it's in really exceptional condition (stock everything, no rust in the tank, not a scratch on it, factory tool kit, etc).
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

$10.00 says they guys asks 5k and tries to say its worth it, regardless of kbb and the season.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
        With only 2500 miles on it, it should sit on the high end of retail value (provided that its condition reflects its mileage). NADA puts high retail at around $3600. It's winter, so I wouldn't probably go over 3 for it. Maybe 32-33 if it's in really exceptional condition (stock everything, no rust in the tank, not a scratch on it, factory tool kit, etc).
        This
        Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          +1. I'd keep it under $3k as well. Trade-in value for KBB is around $2600, and given that it's winter and the economy blows, I wouldn't buy anything unless I could come close to trade in value. Nothing is selling right now.

Comment

This time of year..... I wouldn't expect to pay more than $3400 myself .
            Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Originally posted by tmk7c9 View Post
              +1. I'd keep it under $3k as well. Trade-in value for KBB is around $2600, and given that it's winter and the economy blows, I wouldn't buy anything unless I could come close to trade in value. Nothing is selling right now.
              This is where I am... closer to trade in during the off-season around here. The only people selling are the one's desparate for the cash. Lots of flexibility in there. But, you're in Clearwater, so, there's not that much of an 'off' season at all, is there?

Average the two prices and you'll find a good number. Bottom line though - you'll need to figure out whether YOU think it's a fair number.
              "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

33-3500 tops.
                sigpic
                Navy Vet
                1998 B12
                00 GSX 600F(sold)

Comment

I am in Clearwater, Florida and it has been a COLD winter here..hehehe..(actually they're calling for rain, sleet or snow this weekend believe it or not! It hasn't snowed here since 1977!!) but from what I'm seeing, used middle of the pack bikes like this one are not selling at all even here..the local dealership had an 07 Suzuki Bandit 1250 listed on Ebay and the bidding only reached $2500 at end..people are definitely asking more than others are willing to pay..I'm gonna stay within my 3k budget on this one..if it works great, if not there's a few 650's that might work too..thanks for the great info

Comment

UPDATE: Bidded up to 2700.00 and although I was outbided by one bidder, the reserve wasn't met anyway..local place has a couple of good bikes at fair prices gonna check them out..thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by dcarrd View Post
                      UPDATE: Bidded up to 2700.00 and although I was outbided by one bidder, the reserve wasn't met anyway..local place has a couple of good bikes at fair prices gonna check them out..thanks for the info
                      Did you email the seller and offer him the $3K. He'll probably take it.
                      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by VifferJim View Post
                        Did you email the seller and offer him the $3K. He'll probably take it.
                        +1........ if this is a bike you really like (and why wouldn't you?), then see what they will really take for it.
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Make : SUZUKI
                          Model : Gsx-R 750
                          Weight : 0
                          Year : 2006
                          Color : Blue
                          Transmission : Sportbike
                          Price : $2,700
                          Mileage : 2,900
                          Bike Type : Motorcycle Description of Motorcycle for sale in / Florida / Bradenton / Info 2006 Suzuki Gsx-r 750
                          Everything on this GSX-R750 is original. I have always kept it garaged and covered. Most of its 2,900 miles has been commuting. If you need other details or pictures please contact me at [email protected]
                          Bye bye 2009

Comment

smells scammish

Comment

+1
                              The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                              http://myspace.com/solsticio
                              www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Working...
                              X