X

Kat fairings - aftermarket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat fairings - aftermarket

anyone see these on ebay recently for under 300 for a complete set.
    think they are crap?

"You can pour syrup on sh*t, but that doesn't make it pancakes"

I've seen the ads, not too sure if they are crap. I believe others here have purchased them though.

Comment

Which ones? For which bike? There's already a few threads on the topic.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

If you are referring to the ones for the post Kats, they need some tweaking to fit properly from what I've read here. but they do look great once fitted.
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          Which ones? For which bike? There's already a few threads on the topic.
          True, Ive read through sevral threads on the fairings being sold on ebay for $300 give or take. If they are comeing from china, shipping was in the $200 range, so youll be paying closer to 500-600 for them.
          Everyone that got them said they are decend for the price, but need a little work to get them to fit right. Just like anything else on ebay you got to research it, check seller feedback, shipping fees, ect, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by justinboyce View Post
            True, Ive read through sevral threads on the fairings being sold on ebay for $300 give or take. If they are comeing from china, shipping was in the $200 range, so youll be paying closer to 500-600 for them.
            Everyone that got them said they are decend for the price, but need a little work to get them to fit right. Just like anything else on ebay you got to research it, check seller feedback, shipping fees, ect, ect.

what do you guys mean by "need a little work to fit right?" what exactly is the problem and the remedy with the fit?
            previous rides
            06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
            next ride - another kat

Comment

Should answer some fitment ?'s...

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=100005&highlight=ebay+fairings

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103755&highlight=ebay+fairings

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103299&highlight=aftermarket+fair ings

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
              -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

thanks for posting the old threads. they can be hard to find. "fairing" or "ebay" tend to return many threads when searched.

i guess what i am trying to say is i am glad there is a supply of these things readily available. Now if they only made them to look like the infamous Lucky Strike GSXR

"You can pour syrup on sh*t, but that doesn't make it pancakes"

Comment

They do. I've seen a Lucky Strike set of fairings on there before.
                  Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

And people wonder where American jobs are going. I'll order me a set of these probably. i stripped down my fairings and I'm at a mid point where it is going to cost me about 100 bucks for paint, plus 100 to get them painted, plus a buttload of sanding and finishing work and that is just to get a plain black paint job with no graphics or anything. A few crackhead local painters wanted 1000 bucks to paint mine, another wanted 350 to paint them and I have no idea what quality to expect when I get them back. i'm pretty sure the more expensive fairings are better but a lot of that is probably profit. Now if the guy making them was making 25-30 an hour to do uber professional work and they were custom airbrushed or whatever I could spend 1000 on a set.

Comment

Working...
                    X