No announcement yet.
X

Grab Bar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock is black, I am painting mine white so it doesn't stand out as much. Sticks out like a sore thumb in black, looks cheap and unfinished, "bulk black grab bar, Suzuki too cheap to match it to the bike and then bolt it on."

Jet

Comment

Or just chrome the damn thing and call it a day
      my 96's is getting that treatment

Comment

white or chrome
        This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
        BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Originally posted by JinxXx0085 View Post
          +1 might look OK. My grab bar is still in sanding progress so it has at least 4 different layers that I have to go though.
          it's made of metal....no need to go through all 4 layers. there is no flex in the grab bar. just smooth it up and paint it.

that is what I would do. taking it right down to the metal is just more work.....and more expense, seeing as you have to prime it after. if you just smooth it up, you need paint only.

but hey....it's your choice. I just can't help but speak up when I see/hear someone making more work for themselves than they have to. a grab bar should be able to be sanded/painted in under an hour. you will not make the job any better by taking it down to the metal.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
            it's made of metal....no need to go through all 4 layers. there is no flex in the grab bar. just smooth it up and paint it.

that is what I would do. taking it right down to the metal is just more work.....and more expense, seeing as you have to prime it after. if you just smooth it up, you need paint only.

but hey....it's your choice. I just can't help but speak up when I see/hear someone making more work for themselves than they have to. a grab bar should be able to be sanded/painted in under an hour. you will not make the job any better by taking it down to the metal.
            Yuppa Mojoe. It already hv been scuffed to the metal in some areas before I started so I figured I'd try to sand it all and try to bring the metal to a polished look. I've read that some one here have done that or did I remembered that wrong?
            '98 Suzuki GSX600 Katana

Comment

Originally posted by FASHER View Post
              white or chrome
              love the chrome idea. it would force me to have the wheels plated.
              "You can pour syrup on sh*t, but that doesn't make it pancakes"

Comment

send it in and get the black chrome powder coat done

Comment

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
                  send it in and get the black chrome powder coat done

hmmm how much ya think it'd run me?

"You can pour syrup on sh*t, but that doesn't make it pancakes"

Comment

Originally posted by plucas_78 View Post
                    love the chrome idea. it would force me to have the wheels plated.

Mine is chrome and my wheels aren't plated
                    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Working...
                    X