X

New leftover Katanas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New leftover Katanas?

How many of you are still seeing a few new, leftover Katanas at your dealers? Paulsons in Olympia, Wa. still have one 2006 600 Kat marked at $4999, and a few 2006 650 kats at $5999. No other dealer seem to have any left in my area.

Jon in Puallup, Wa.
    Jon
    Puyallup, Wa. USA

Are you actively looking for a new bike or just curious?

Comment

I have noticed 2 "new" Kats at my local stealership. I believe they are 2006 models.
      Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
        Are you actively looking for a new bike or just curious?

Not actively looking right now, though I wouldn't mind having one. I have test ridden a few Kat 600s and liked them just fine.A 600 would be fine for me since my wife doesn't ride on the back anymore.

Jon in Puyallup, Wa.
        Jon
        Puyallup, Wa. USA

Comment

I got a 06 left over in 2008 , $5000 . At the time the dealer said he had truck loads in the crate . This is Delaware , all the Suzukis I see around here are gxrs passing me at 150 .

Comment

I picked up a new leftover 750 Kat at Paulson's last February. I paid $5,499 ($6,100 out the door) and loved the bike. I had a little over 7,000 miles on it by last October. Unfortunately, the bike and I got totaled on 10/21/09, when a school bus hit me head on. The driver was sitting at a green light, waiting to turn left. I was coming from the opposite direction. Just as I entered the intersection, she decided to go. Broke both legs, both bones in my left forearm, my left shoulder, my left hand, cracked a vertebra and a couple of ribs, and collapsed my right lung. I'm just getting to where I can walk short distances with a cane. Left arm will take months of physical therapy. Once the lawsuit is settled, I'll probably be offering lots of good parts on this site.
            Last edited by fablican; 01-07-2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fablican View Post
              I picked up a new leftover 750 Kat at Paulson's last February. I paid $5,499 ($6,100 out the door) and loved the bike. I had a little over 7,000 miles on it by last October. Unfortunately, the bike and I got totaled on 10/21/09, when a school bus hit me head on. The driver was sitting at a green light, waiting to turn left. I was coming from the opposite direction. Just as I entered the intersection, she decided to go. Broke both legs, both bones in my left forearm, my left shoulder, my left hand, cracked a vertebra and a couple of ribs, and collapsed my right lung. I'm just getting to where I can walk short distances with a cane. Left arm will take months of physical therapy. Once the lawsuit is settled, I'll probably be offering lots of good parts on this site.

Wow. Sorry to hear about your accident. That sounds like a nightmare! Here's hoping eventually you'll be as good as new.

Paulsons has the Kat 750s advertised at $5999, and the 600s at $4999. If you got yours at $5499, I would think they'd take $4499 for their last new 2006 600 Kat.That should put it at about $5100 out the door.

Take care fablican, and get bettr.

jon in Puiyallup
              Jon
              Puyallup, Wa. USA

Comment

$5k gets you a nice gsxr though...
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

There was a place in NJ called the motorcycle mall and they had a few 600's and a few 750's ast year don't know if they still do. I first saw them on Ebay and the buy it nows were 4700 for the 600's and 5200 for the 750's. I had a friend that was at the time looking for a bike. He called out there and they were gonna put him on a O6 600 for 4500 tax included. He ended up buying an older model used Honda for a little less instead. They have leftover 07 1000rr's for 7400 which seems to be a steal to me. Here is the website to the stealership...http://motorcyclemall.com/
                  Last edited by parkze; 01-07-2010, 05:16 PM.

Comment

just went by one of the dealerships here in town. they had numerous '07 models but they were still asking too much.
                    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X