X

Exhaust Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Question

Hey I have a 91 600. The exhaust comes out the right like a post. Can someone tell me if a stock 2004 muffler will replace this: (Only pic I have, let me know if I need more)

Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Looks like a post muffler already. Definitely doesn't look 19 years old.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Will an 04 muffler fit in there? Dexter is giving one away and I think that looks a lot better than what i've got now.
      Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

that is a post muffler on it,, you can still see the writing from the factory on the can.. so you should be ok, but dont quote me,, i think the pres are a lil shorter than the post.
        sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
        www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Ya that's one of the early post mufflers - heavy as chit ! If the mid pipe hasn't been modified, the 04 pipe with slide right in.
          2000 Katana 600
          2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Ok cool. I don't think it has been modified. I can handle any moding that might need to be done to get the 04 to fit.

Comment

if its already got a post header too you wont have to worry about changing the oil pan atleast
              sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
              www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Originally posted by nealy212 View Post
                if its already got a post header too you wont have to worry about changing the oil pan atleast
                Is there any way to tell right off?

Comment

Working...
                X