X

Katriders HELP FAST

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katriders HELP FAST

I'm selling my Kat today and I broke the choke cable off in this lovely 15 degree weather. Good news is it's stuck on full choke. It's on the trailer and ready to go in the next hour. I've looked on a few parts lists and couldn't find one. I need to no how much to tell this guy.

How much does a new choke cable cost?

Go from there to look for the part number. You didn't mention year or displacement.
    Project "I wear my sunglasses at night" is complete: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103420

Comment

Thanks but I just found one for $16.90 at motionpro.com. Thanks for the link though. I'll just give the guy $20 back.

Learned something yesterday.... crotch rockets do not start in cold winter weather. High compression 4 cylinder engine and a tiny little battery and the choke cable was froze up. Had to bring my heater over and heat up the storage building. LOL lesson learned.

That brings up another thing. The Kat will be missed, was a great first bike for me. I've put 1500 miles on it in 2 years. Thats not much to some of you but it got me hooked and I will have another sport bike in the future. I'm trading my 1995 Kat600 for a 2000 Polaris XCSP600 snowmobile with a 144" long track. Gotta ride year round in the snow belt.
      Last edited by fireball 440; 12-19-2009, 10:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by fireball 440 View Post
        Learned something yesterday.... crotch rockets do not start in cold winter weather.
        Yes they do. Most carbed bikes are just harder to start in the winter.

My bike fires up down to 0*F so far, and would do so in colder weather.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

After sitting for 2 months in temps as low as -10, mine turned over 2 times and that was it. New Interstate battery in August that I had brought inside and had on the tender. It started right up this morning with jumper cables, temp 17 degrees. Those little batteries in bikes don't have anything for CCA.

Comment

I've heard Minnesota has the highest ratio of snowmobile ownership anywhere in the world.

If you've only put 1500 miles on the bikes in 2 years, it's no wonder it wouldn't start. That's a 3 day weekend trip for me!

Good luck with it.

Comment

I had the battery inside on the tender. Either way, hooked up the jumpers and drove it up on the guys trailer and we swapped titles. To be honest I got the way better end of this deal but he was happy so all is good.

Comment

Working...
              X