X

Tires Decision Help............

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires Decision Help............

Ok its time to do this. Metzeler Z6..or..Conti Road Attacks ? I have a pre 600. I will take the highest vote and commit ! Thanks guys ( and gals )
    sigpic

You'll get a thousand different opinions going both ways.....

I know CP preached the metzelers a whole lot. He did a LOT of research on things so I'm guessing there was a reason he liked the metzelers.....
    02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
    90 GSXR 750/1216
    96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
    87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah Im leaning on Metz. Thats why I narrowed it down to 2
      sigpic

Comment

go with the metz bro
        sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
        www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

OK thats 2 for the Metz
          sigpic

Comment

What kind of riding do you do most? If it's mainly straighter highway type miles and general commuting I would go with the Michelin Pilot Road 2's since they will outlast anything else made for a sport touring tire. If you're looking to do mainly tight canyons at higher speeds and a few track days here and there, then the Pilot Power 2ct's or Road Attacks would work great. Need to realistically look at what you expect the tires to do, before you can pick the right tire for the job. Just for reference, this is how my Pilot Road 2 rear tire on my 05 GSX-R750 looks after around 7800 miles of mainly straight highway riding. That many miles with a Road Attack or Pilot Power 2ct and I would have already worn out 2 tires and been ready to buy another one again.
            Last edited by Psycho1; 12-11-2009, 01:19 AM.
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

i had pilot roads 2 on the kat grip was great never had a slip in many of cyn.rides / worth every pennie

Comment

I've had the Metzeler Z6's, they are very good tires. (Especially when compared to the Dunlops that came stock with the bike)

Then I bought the Conti Sport Attacks... Frickin' AMAZING!! See my review at http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96872

Just last month, I installed a set of Conti Road Attacks (I was curious to see how I would like them vs. the Sport Attacks) - I've only put on about 300 miles, so it's a little premature to give a full review, but my early impressions are that they seem to have a different profile that doesn't make them as "tippy" as the sport attacks. The steering feels more neutral, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I really came to love the way my bike would "fall" into turns with the sport attacks. I've only done a few canyon runs, and I'm not scraping pegs as often as I did with the Sport Attacks, even though the chicken strips are history. The jury's still out, but I would still have to say that I like them better than the Metzelers...
                Last edited by BelvedereAndTonic; 12-11-2009, 02:44 AM.
                Cheers!

Comment

Thanks guys for your stories and inputs so far! My riding is desert valley streets and mountain canyons with a little highway but not much. Looking for sticky and soft but tough???? Keep em coming
                  sigpic

Comment

I have had Matzler Z6 and Avon Storms and I love the Avon way better than the Metzler. But that is my personal opinion

Comment

I would go with the Metz as well
                      sigpicTrust me I know everything! Just ask!

Comment

Metzlers, hand down. I do some hybrid riding, around town, Superslab and the occasional Trip to The Dragon. I got 11k miles out of my rear, 13k out of my Front.

Comment

Its Metz in the lead followed by Conti and a little Avon thrown in. I will commit tonight and will use BikeBandit as they have been good to me in the past. Anyone have a low price leader in their favorites? Thanks for your inputs again .....!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Honestly, i'd get whatever is cheaper. I've run on both the Z6s (bandit 1200) and the Road attacks (CBR1100XX), and I thought both were very good tires. I got about the same mileage out of each (8000+), both seemed to have the same level of grip.

The conti's are typically cheaper, I think I got my last set for $250 shipped, for both.

I vote Road attacks...but really just because they are probably $30 cheaper or so. Whatever is on sale, get that one! They're equal tires IMO.

Comment

Metz all the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X