Score of the Year!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score of the Year!!!!

Hola Kat Kids!!!
    I ran across this ad about a week ago on Craigs list and jotted down the number

I called the Guy who owned the bike, and we talked about it, and in the back of my mind was the pics (was the frame rusted?) oh good I got a headlight..
    WRONG!!!
    I Paid the Owner (now Previous Owner) the 200 Clams and Out comes the bike, just like in the pics, and few other things....

All the fairings (couple are rashed up)
    Headlight
    Rear Fender
    Full Brake systems front and Back
    Tail light
    One Mirror
    Grab Bar
    Gauge surround (no Gauges)
    Gas Tank (minor poppable Dent)
    Both Seats (need some Help)
    Bird Cage (pre owner know what im talking about)
    Both Rims (tires are shot)

So basically (besides a crank load of Sigle Malt Whiskey and some TLC) I got to Grab an Engine (there is a 93 600 Block in my garage) Carbs, Air box, Full wiring Harness and a Key Set- and I got a Full Bike

Not a Bad Find for 200 bucks

Pics are Coming soon
    (You wont believe i stuffed this Kat in my Cavalier either)

good find man!
    i'll believe it dude, ive done a kat 600 frame and parts in my cavy, another time i did a 600 kat motor and gs1100 motor in it along with 2 other people
    Chrome Project Part 1
    http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

I fit a frame with the engine and swingarm still mounted into the trunk of my Deville. It was tight, but it fit!
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I found a mostly complete 91 600 for $400 a month ago. It is kinda cool to find bikes this cheap in my opinion.
        Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

my god! good find man!!! hows the rear brake? you neeed? im looking for rear brake
          For sale thread Album
          1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

I say find a way to put the 1157cc motor in it an ROCK OUT !!!!
            Scotty Doesn't Know ...Scotty Doesn't Know.. Don't Tell Scotty

Comment

^^^I agree^^^ You have a lot of work ahead of you, don't be putting no little 600 in there. Make it a beast and make it ugly.

Comment

Congrats on the find!

Comment

the rear Brake yeah i need it. Nothing is being sold off the bike for the moment. I know i got to take my Laptop over to where it is stashed at and start taking an Inventory of what is there and what isn't.

Comment

and take pics- tons of pics, you guys and gals are not gonna believe some of these parts and their general condition

Once i do have the pics taken, I will start a rebuild thread in the Long Term Build section...

Comment

Seems to me that it would take alot more than $200 to get that thing road worthy.

I bought my 1992 Yamaha Seca II for $450, i rode it home from the seller's place.

Comment

I so almost bought a Seca back in 94 when i got my Virago. damn that brings back memories

Comment

The Seca doesn't have much juice, but handles nicely. In capable hands, it could give the liter class bikes a pretty good run for their money.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X