X

First twisty run! Amazing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
    Lol.. it gets THAT cold in Oregon? Good to know.
    yes nighttime temps are down in the teens right now in south east OR, highs in the low 40's, by Jan we might be lucky to break 33 degrees for a daytime high, and the overnight lows can be -17 or colder. I live at 4780' elevation, and get 4-5' of snow on the ground sometimes, the local mountains top out right around 7100' and get 12-14' of snow piled up, Crater Lake 65 miles away gets 20-30' of snow piled up in a bad year. Right now even though we've been warmed up to the low 40's in the day, the black ice is still on the roads in the shadows up in the canyon near my house, and will probably be there now until sometime in March.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Congrats...I didn't ride today (lower 40s) but went into New Mexico for a 250 mile round trip Wednesday afternoon and am still running it through my mind. I'll likely get a couple of rides in this coming week, even though snow is predicted for tomorrow and the next day. It doesn't stay around here very long.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
        Welcom to KR. We should get together for a ride sometime next spring once it warms up a bit. I'm over near Klamath Falls. Sassyduck and her husband are over there near you in Eugene.
        2 kids and a wife I don't get to far from home very often but hit me up for sure if your in this area.
        sigpic
        2004 hayabusa LE-my ride
        2006 ninja 250-the wifes ride

Riding is not just something you do, its a way of life.

Comment

My wife keeps telling me she wants to do a ride here in eastern OR someday. Might be able to get her to go for a weekend trip. Not sure what there is for good roads up around the Burns area. Ontario is 341 miles away from me.
          John,
          sigpic

Comment

I put mine away for the winter and the weather all the month of Nov was better than Sept and Oct

Comment

My wife keeps telling me she wants to do a ride here in eastern OR someday. Might be able to get her to go for a weekend trip. Not sure what there is for good roads up around the Burns area. Ontario is 341 miles away from me.

I am not sure much past Baker, but from Baker you go out to Sumpter and take the back roads all the way into burns and through Vale and the come out in Ontario. I also know that from Pendelton you can go through Hells canyon and end up on hwy95 in Idaho and follow that into Mcall or the other way back into Ontario.
              sigpic
              2004 hayabusa LE-my ride
              2006 ninja 250-the wifes ride

Riding is not just something you do, its a way of life.

Comment

If we can organize a ride down here when the weather gets better, I'll come and meet wherever
                01 Kat 600
                -Modified stock muffler
                -Jetted carbs
                -Custom seat
                -Custom paint

"And I to my motorcycle
                Parked like the soul of the junkyard
                Restored, a bicycle fleshed
                With power, and tore off
                Up Highway 106 continually
                Drunk on the wind in my mouth
                Wringing the handlebar for speed
                Wild to be wreckage forever."

sigpic

Comment

Don't tell any northerners but I've been riding back and forth to work all year long. Sometimes it's a nippily morning in the 40's at 5:30 am but the afternoon ride home sure makes up for it.

Comment

Yeah the weather stays a lot nicer down where you're at usually. Even if it does get cold, it doesn't last for more than a few days at a time. lol
                    John,
                    sigpic

Comment

I rode my 600 to work today, probably the last time for the year. But I just couldn't pass up a December commute, and the temp this afternoon should be around 45.

Comment

If you like twisties, you need to come to the rally next year. It's twistie heaven!
                        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05 View Post
                          If you like twisties, you need to come to the rally next year. It's twistie heaven!
                          We have our fair share of twisties here on the west coast too. The best reason to attend the rally is to meet all the great KR people.
                          John,
                          sigpic

Comment

The best reason to attend the rally is to meet all the great KR people.
                            Very true, but the the roads in NC are hard to beat.
                            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Yeah i went riding on some twisties with KATTOY a few weeks ago. Was my 1st. Man it was fun. He went off and left me and another on one part of the mountain.
                              99 Ford F150 4x4
                              04 Mustang GT
                              2010 Camaro SS
                              06 GSX600F
                              sigpic

Comment

Spraguepsycho mentioned in another thread how SKNL2 (Marc) zipped around him on the Dragon like nothing. I had been on the Dragon last summer for about 10 minutes and he appeared from nowhere, passed me, and disappeared immediately. That was worth the ride from Texas to see. Yes, the rally is about the KR people.

And in accordance with said thread, I rode to work yesterday morning at 34 degrees, and rode this morning also with a wind chill factor of 26 degrees. But one reason I rode was because it was more fun and easier than scraping the ice off my Civic coupe...and the ride to work (school) is less than seven blocks from my house.
                                Last edited by zuma; 12-02-2009, 12:06 PM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                                X