Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Should rotating signal generator by hand generate spark?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should rotating signal generator by hand generate spark?

I'm checking the spark sequence n strength and am going to measure the resistance in my plug wires momentarily, but right now I only see spark when I hit the starter and that's too fast for my eyes to keep up with so I tried turning the signl gen clockwise with bike turned on and turned it a whole bunch but saw no sparks.. Would I need to be holding the clutch in while rotating the gen to like "let" the engine spark? Thanks all.

Also the pre 600's fire 1,2,4,3 right?
    For sale thread Album
    1991 Katana 600 - sold

Got my ignition figured out

edit...kinda
    Last edited by Islandsteve; 11-21-2009, 04:53 PM.
    For sale thread Album
    1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

It was the firing order? 1,4, 2,3
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
        It was the firing order? 1,4, 2,3
        K wait...Is the firing order supposed to be 1>4>2>3 ? I thought I saw in my book 1>2>4>3 but I could be wrong, i seem to be wrong alot these days

and yes I think it was the firing order. After I put it all back together originaly it would barely start and struggle hard at running. Like seriously it sounded wrong. Now my firing sequence enables the bike to fire easily and quickly while full choked. I can't seem to get it to run on no choke, chech out my other thread relating to acompying problems http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103977
        Last edited by Islandsteve; 11-21-2009, 03:43 AM.
        For sale thread Album
        1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Left coil as u sit on the bike is for 1 &4 R coil 2&3.
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
            Left coil as u sit on the bike is for 1 &4 R coil 2&3.
            Ok cool that's how it is yes. When the engine is running should it fire in that cylinder order? 1 > 4 > 2 > 3
            For sale thread Album
            1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

I believe 1 and 4, then 2 and 3 fire at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba600 View Post
                I believe 1 and 4, then 2 and 3 fire at the same time.
                Ok, lets say I hooked up firiring 1,2,4,3 would that allow my enging to run like it is but die on choke and not idle very high at all?
                For sale thread Album
                1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

If it's hooked up like that, all cylinders probably aren't firing at the right time. It might run, but not on all cylinders. Hook the wires from the first coil onto plugs 1 and 4 and the wires from coil 2 to plugs 2 and 3 and it should help your problem tremendously. I believe the way you have it, you're only running cylinders 1 and 2.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba600 View Post
                    If it's hooked up like that, all cylinders probably aren't firing at the right time. It might run, but not on all cylinders. Hook the wires from the first coil onto plugs 1 and 4 and the wires from coil 2 to plugs 2 and 3 and it should help your problem tremendously. I believe the way you have it, you're only running cylinders 1 and 2.
                    I numbered the wires before removing them initially and ya first coil goes to 1 n 4 and the second coil does 2 n 3. Now where I got lost was on the wires that plug into the coils from the harness. Ive got the wires hooked up to the coils that they should be but not sure if the wires are on the correct prongs.
                    For sale thread Album
                    1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Working...
                    X