No announcement yet.
X

Warm November :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF! How is everyone's so cheap?? Even progressive, at state min, is 420$ a year. Geico quoted me 2600$ for full and that's more than I paid for the bike!

Right now, at 850$ a year, I have 100,000$/300,000$ comprehensive or whatever the usual thing is, with like 50,000$ property, plus medical and UI. I have a lot of coverage...probably a lot too much, but my insurance company just gave me all the coverage that's on my car as well.
    - Remember -
    Ride wherever the road takes you and
    never stop until every inch of pavement
    has tasted your rubber.

Comment

Insurance premium has alot to do with your age, sex and location.
      I insure 4 bikes with Progressive, 1 scooter with Geico, altogether less than $500 a year with full coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by jbalsam View Post
        All I have is liability and uninsured motorist. I pay $180 a year. That's higher than it could be, because my record isn't flawless and I've only been riding for a year and a half.
        How old are you though?
        My rides:
        2000 Katana 600 (Red) 13,400k milesWith a 2005 6000 mile motor!

Comment

yeah.....23yr old male, a few tickets...but I was 18 when I got them. Paying more per year for insurance than I did for my bike....$900 a yr through State Farm. Odd though, because my entire family is insured through them, house, cars, boat, etc....and we still don't seem to get any "deals" :shrug:.

Money keeps getting tighter, and I found a 1982 yamaha cv80 that looks nice....no insurance needed and its a scooter that will hit 50mph! Whooo!
          Last edited by LAsunbird86; 11-18-2009, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X