X

32,000 miles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32,000 miles

Just a short note to say my 2000 Kat 750 turned over 32,000 miles this past weekend. I bought it in 2003 with about 3300 miles on it. Nothing done except new tires as needed, 1 new battery when needed, turn signal bulbs as needed, oil changes every 2000 miles, 1 chain and sprocket set, 1 valve adjustment done myself. The only actual failed parts were my neutral indicator switch which I replaced myself, and I am going to install a new choke cable myself. This bike has been great to me and I try to baby it. No red-lining or wheelies here. I hope to keep it till at least 50,000 miles. Who knows, maybe more??

That's awesome. Glad to hear that you and your bike get along so well.

Comment

dang....that's like $300 in oil!

Congrats on the mileage If you don't tear it up, it'll probably go well past 50,000.

Comment

50k shouldn't be a problem. My 600 is still running strong at 60k with stock maintenance intervals (sort of.) The intervals have a tendency of getting dragged out a bit for me.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Oil burners run forever.

For reference my 2000 Speed Triple is over 100,000 miles. I've never pulled the valve covers for anything but scheduled maintenance. I also had an '86 GPz900 that I bought with 80,000 miles that went till 140,000 before the motor let go.

All of my Zukis got balled up or stolen before I got any real mileage.

Comment

Congrats on the mileage!

Comment

congrads
              99 Ford F150 4x4
              04 Mustang GT
              2010 Camaro SS
              06 GSX600F
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X