X

comparison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comparison

how do you guys think about katana 600 vs ninja 650r and sv650? specs say the katana has more hp, but at a higher rpm, plus its heavier.

obviously theyre not super sports, any of them. but is there anyone who has experience riding these bikes that can compare/contrast?

im hoping to hear that my katana would kick their asses.
    previous rides
    06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
    next ride - another kat

Mostly depends on the operator, and more on what type of riding.. not so much which bike.
    I've owned SV650S, currently SFV650.. ridden the Ninja 650r a bunch, they are torquey machines downlow engine rpm, far greater canyon chasers than Katana, but not much more above triple digit speed.

Last edited by "K"; 11-17-2009, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by "K" View Post
      Mostly depends on the operator, and more on what type of riding.. not so much which bike.
      I've owned SV650S, SFV650.. ridden the Ninja 650r a bunch, they are torquey machines downlow engine rpm, far greater canyon chasers than Katana, but not much more above triple digit speed.

i should have (and meant to) qualified my question by saying "i know it depends on the rider, but all things being equal..." you know
      previous rides
      06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
      next ride - another kat

Comment

Originally posted by edromero View Post
        i should have (and meant to) qualified my question by saying "i know it depends on the rider, but all things being equal..." you know
        The SV650 would beat out the others(IMO).

Handles better, better in traffic and on the twisty's.

Sounds better and is more modern.

Comment

Seems like everyone loves the SV. I think it's the ugliest bike I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
            I have to agree they are not the nicest looking by far. It reminds me of them bicycles with the plastic fairings on them from back in the day

Comment

i'd rock the sv, only if i bought a full fairing kit because the sv's are sexy with full fairings
              Chrome Project Part 1
              http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

from a kat to the others is not much of a upgrade ...maybe a zx-600 or a cbr-600 yes but dont waste the $$$ for a little up grade unless your kat is real old and neediong alot of things

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                  SVs are awesome.

Looks aside they are one of the VERY few bikes that you can never outgrow. I had a 2004 that was a straight track *****, I had over 20 years in the saddle at that point and it NEVER got old. The bike just did everything in its power to please.

And please it did.

I LOVED racing light weight twin. You had to out brake and out turn everyone, no monster throttles to save you......all on a bike you can start on,

Comment

^^+1 There are good reasons why riders like the SV or twin configuration engined motorcycles. Narrow profile, good amount of torque, less weight.. make the SV very nimble, easy to maneuver.

I don't care so much for the looks of the 2nd gen. SVs, the carbed. 1st. gen is still my fav, they seem to hold their velue better, I will own another one day.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X