No announcement yet.
X

Engine covers/sliders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drilled and welded steel plugs in my frame that were threaded. I then used a set of Vortex frame sliders for a Honda F4i.

Comment

Cool, now the welded in steel plugs will twist your frame..
      '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Don't you think I thought of something like that slipkid? I'm not so much worried about the frame twisting or even the plastics getting rashed if I go down, I'm more worried about me being stuck on the bike and being dragged down the road. Those 6 inch sliders give me just enough room to not get my leg pinned. If I go down hard enough to do major damage to the bike you can bet it's going to be a total write off anyway. I have seen enough bad crashes in my line of work to know that when it comes to protection I'm #1 and the bike is disposable.

Comment

No I didn't, since most haven't. But I wouldn't worry too much about being stuck on the bike in an accident. The differential in sliding friction is enough to separate you if you're not hanging on for dear life. It's amazing how many people do though...
          '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Working...
          X