X

i t-boned a SUV today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigFish View Post
    If it's been filed then it's a public record and you should be able to obtain it, though I don't know the exact procedure for doing so.
    the other person ins. company just called me and mention the report hasnt been released yet, but will be released with-in ten days of the crash
    99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
    06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
    06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
    lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

One thing I learned is he could of had proof of insurance on him at the time of the accident but if he cancled it earlier let's say in that month. Well then no here in Alabama they could not arrest him.
      sigpic

Comment

I think you should get a chance to review the police report ASAP, in case there is any mistake you need to have the officer correct it. You do have the LEO's badge number, right?

Comment

Originally posted by "K" View Post
          I think you should get a chance to review the police report ASAP, in case there is any mistake you need to have the officer correct it. You do have the LEO's badge number, right?
          yea, ive got his badge, name, and phone number. i asked him that day if our stories matched and he said they did
          99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
          06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
          06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
          lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

Just happy to hear that your gear protected you! I know quite a few other guys that have crashed. All of them were wearing gear and they have healed up well.

In one case a buddy plowed a parked car at 65mph. He was wearing a full suit, full face helmet, and race boots. The suit looked like a lawn mower had chewed it up, the helmet was completely scratched and the face shield was ripped off, and if he was not wearing the boots he would have lost his foot for sure. He admits that he was not paying great attention to what he was doing, and paid the price. He is first to say that all of his gear was used up from the crash, but he was back on a bike in 2 months. I took this as a warning to always wear my gear.
            Live to ride another day!

2002 GSX600F
            1992 Nighthawk 750
            2004 CRF450R

sigpic

Comment

glad you are ok

Comment

Dude you should be getting a new bike out of this.. I bet he still had insurance. not to mention california stop , meant he didn't stop.. rape his ins company.

Comment

Working...
                X