X

Just got these carbs from ebay..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got these carbs from ebay..

Just won these pre kat 600 carbs for $255.

People think I payed too much for these, saying I wouldnt pay over "120" or whatever for them. I think otherwise; but that was not the purpose of this thread. I was just wondering what yall thunk about these.

I have bought several other parts from the same guy off the same bike and they have been spot on good condition, no problems.

For sale thread Album
    1991 Katana 600 - sold

Originally posted by Islandsteve View Post
    Just won these pre kat 600 carbs for $255.

People think I payed too much for these, saying I wouldnt pay over "120" or whatever for them. I think otherwise; but that was not the purpose of this thread. I was just wondering what yall thunk about these.

I have bought several other parts from the same guy off the same bike and they have been spot on good condition, no problems.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_919wt_1165
    If they are in as good condition as the auction stated, then I don't think it was that bad of a deal. I've got probably $300 in just parts rebuilding mine replacing all jets, orings, etc...

*edit* Don't forget even clean and working well, vacuum is based upon valves and the engine. You will need to sync these carbs once mounted on your bike to get best results.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      If they are in as good condition as the auction stated, then I don't think it was that bad of a deal. I've got probably $300 in just parts rebuilding mine replacing all jets, orings, etc...

*edit* Don't forget even clean and working well, vacuum is based upon valves and the engine. You will need to sync these carbs once mounted on your bike to get best results.

Krey
      How long did they go for b4 u rebuilt?
      For sale thread Album
      1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Nice looking carbs man ! They should get you some crisp response...........
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kat96 View Post
          Nice looking carbs man ! They should get you some crisp response...........
          Thanks man, ya my carbs right now have 46,000 km on them and are near 20 years old, these are 7 years newer so I'm hoping it will make a bigg diff
          For sale thread Album
          1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

carbs are carbs. Unknown carbs are still unknown. I would still clean them no matter what.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

How long did they go for b4 u rebuilt?
              Mine is a 93, I've put about 50k on her... and the carbs had a stage 3 prior for a while.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

looks priced appropriately to me

Comment

nice find
                  02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                  90 GSXR 750/1216
                  96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                  87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                  sigpic

Comment

Was actually looking at those exact ones this weekend. Grats on winning it

Comment

This was the first bidding war I won, sniped. Looking forward to getting them as well as an airbox, new filter, and hopes intake boots soon
                      For sale thread Album
                      1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

This was the first bidding war I won, sniped. Looking forward to getting them as well as an airbox, new filter, and hopes intake boots soon

You don't snipe, you don't get. I do it all the time if I really want something. It"s your cash.

Comment

Working...
                        X