Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Noob oil change Q's. (since search gave me nothing)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can get around all that if you just use the google search, its much better
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
      Let me give you some reading material thanks to Cyber Poet: (I don't agree with all the oil info, but it is still lots of good info in one spot.)

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

How-to on the oil change:
      motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Now that you have the basic info, do you have any friends that ride? (And do their own maintenance.) Recruit one of them to lend a hand and offer pointers, because the Kat is not that different than anything else. If you don't then hit me up with a PM, and we can work out a time when I'm in town and not working.
      I'm interested to hear what you don't agree with on the oil topic.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Like Annie said... Tomorrow, tomorrow...

Not in a state where o can come up with cogent arguements at the moment. On top of that, I feel bad about segueing with CP without him having the chance at a rebutal.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post

There's a tool that attaches to regular socket wrenches that helps you take off the oil filter (provided it's oem), but I don't know where to get them since our last source is no longer available.

Change with an oem filter if you can get them.
          I bought a spring loaded oil filter wrench at Pep Boys for a Honda (car). It works great and was about 9 dollars. I just stick a ratchet extension into it and then the 3/8 ratchet to remove the filter.

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
            Like Annie said... Tomorrow, tomorrow...

I thought that was Macbeth..
            May the road rise up to meet you.
            May the wind always be at your back.
            May the sun shine warm upon your face,
            and rains fall soft upon your fields.
            And until we meet again,
            May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
            RIP Marc

Comment

I know the OP only wanted to do an oil change.
              But I believe it is always good to have this
              [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Suzuki-GSX600-GSX750F-Haynes-Repair/dp/1859609872/"]Amazon.com: Suzuki GSX600, GSX750F & 98-02 (Haynes Repair Manual) (9781859609873): Matthew Coombs: Books[/ame]
              at hand. Especially, since it will allow you to do much more in the long run.

Comment

Working...
              X