X

Correct bolt size for windshield ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct bolt size for windshield ?

Anyone Know the correct size and length for OEM replacement mirrors for 96 Kat ? Bought new mirrors from Bike Bandit but no hardware. Went to Home Depot but to no avail.........too short. Thanks guys.........
    sigpic

Ops nm
    Last edited by Islandsteve; 11-04-2009, 02:59 PM. Reason: BBC
    For sale thread Album
    1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

They are M6 as I recall... but you aren't likely to find the length you'll need in a store. I special ordered some from a member that doesn't sell parts any more. The best bet is probably just to order the OEM ones.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Kat96 View Post
        Anyone Know the correct size and length for OEM replacement mirrors for 96 Kat ? Bought new mirrors from Bike Bandit but no hardware. Went to Home Depot but to no avail.........too short. Thanks guys.........

I will measure mine when I get off work, i'm in the process of swapping mirrors so it's no prob. I'd just order new ones from BB if u can't find them
        For sale thread Album
        1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Just was at the auto parts store looking for one for my pre. Mine measured out to about 7.5 cm long. They were M6-1.0. Not that I know what that means, but I know what works...ttfn

Comment

m6 is the diameter of the bolt, literally meaning 6 mm. 1.0 is the thread pitch in the case mentioned above, indicating 1.0 thread pitch [not 1.0 cm length as I originally posted]...but that's a fairing bolt, not one used for the mirrors. I'll see if I can dig up my old mirrors to measure the bolt lengths.

BTW I think the actual windscreen bolts are m5's with a .8 pitch...not certain about the pitch.
            Last edited by BigFish; 11-04-2009, 09:25 PM.
            Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

Re: Bolt sizes

Thanks guys for the info ! I went to my local bike mechanic shop and he had them laying on a bench and gave them to me, and you were all right---they were 6 mil and had to be over 2 inches or 80 mil-100 mil ( 3 inches )
              sigpic

Comment

M6-1.0 = 6mm 1.0=thread pitch
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                  M6-1.0 = 6mm 1.0=thread pitch

1st number denotes diameter

2nd number denotes thread pitch

3rd number denotes length of bolt
                  How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                  How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                  How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                  How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by Kat96 View Post
                    Thanks guys for the info ! I went to my local bike mechanic shop and he had them laying on a bench and gave them to me, and you were all right---they were 6 mil and had to be over 2 inches or 80 mil-100 mil ( 3 inches )
                    Just be careful not to get ones that are too long.. that will cause other issues.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

here is another option from jaybell. http://www.tobefast.com/sixty61-spik...1-pr-4331.html if you feel spiky.

Comment

Its 84mm man end to end
                        For sale thread Album
                        1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Working...
                        X