Random question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random question

I need to go pick up my project bike...

Will a 91 Kat 600 fit in the back of an 08 Tundra short bed?

I have access to a trailer would that be better seeing how it is a 450+lb bike?
    Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Originally posted by Ilovemyvtx View Post
    I need to go pick up my project bike...

Will a 91 Kat 600 fit in the back of an 08 Tundra short bed?

I have access to a trailer would that be better seeing how it is a 450+lb bike?
    you don't think your Tundra can handle the 450lbs??

usually a bike will fit in any truck with the tailgate down.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

No i'm wonder if it will be a pain for two guys to get it out of the truck when it's home...

Edit: I don't have a ramp or anything for the truck
      Last edited by Ilovemyvtx; 11-03-2009, 11:20 AM.
      Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

find a hill or a ditch to back the tailgate up to.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Last time I put a full size motorcycle in a truck without a ramp it took 3 guys. First put the front wheel on the tailgate, then have one guy in the truck pulling on the handle bars and the other two pushing from the ground.

It will probaly fit, but the rear wheel will be on the tailgate, so lets hope the straps hold.
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

yup ...helped a guy place a cb900 into the back of a rental cargo van...we used an old door as a ramp. but the tundra has to be higher and bikes can be awkward and heavy...gytrdunkat has the idea...
            2004 GSX750F

Comment

i haul my 94 600 kat in the back of my truck all the time,, short bed single cab dodge. all the weight is really just in the bed but the tire sticks out to much to close the tail gate. my straps hold fine... my suggestion is to make sure its in gear when you tie it down and get a special strap for the front end,,, if you dont know what im talking about. you will still need two tie downs for the front but its a lil strap that goes from clip on to clip on,, better for keeps the straps from rubbing on fairings,, its about a 35 to 40 dollar thing but wayyyy worth it

as for a temp ramp,, do what i did,, i weant to home depot and got a 2x12,, it was like 15 bucks,, have it cut to 7 foot,,
              Last edited by nealy212; 11-03-2009, 12:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
              www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

x2 on the ramp thing. It's do-able and not that bad to get the Kat in the back with two or three guys but it's alot easier with the ramp or with a hill.

Comment

No not a pain at all you just have to take your time and be carefully. And it helps if the two of you are strong, I used two 10ft long 2x6's pushed together and my girlfriend making sure they stayed together I went on the back of the truck and rolled it off using the front break and common sense. The hill method works great as well. My bike is a 90 kat 600 so..
                  For sale thread Album
                  1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

If you have access to a trailer, use it. It's much easier to load a trailer.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                      If you have access to a trailer, use it. It's much easier to load a trailer.
                      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                        I would get the trailer with no problem if I didn't have to drive 50 miles to get it then another 2 hours to pick up the bike...

I'm just weighing my options and if it is worth the savings in gas.

I found a nice hill I could back up to at my apt too.

Comment

Working...
                        X