X

Bike was in garage fire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Hijack]
    First Dali did some really interesting works. My favorite is actually not the clock painting "persistence of memory", though I do have an oil replica of that one. My favorite is "Metamorphisis of Narcisus"

Narcisus, you will remember is the good looking guy who was so mesmerized by his own reflection that he perished staring at himself. Hint, Narcisus is on the left, parodied by a hand holding an egg, sprouting a Narcissus flower on the right.
    [/Hijack]

As for the melted bike. I have a friend who picked up a one year old Ninja 750 for $2k. Only the right side fairings are melted, and it's in perfect mechanical condition...very jealous. Definitely worth a look.
    Last edited by BigFish; 11-03-2009, 01:39 AM.
    Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFish View Post
      [Hijack]
      First Dali did some really interesting works. My favorite is actually not the clock painting "persistence of memory", though I do have an oil replica of that one. My favorite is "Metamorphisis of Narcisus"

Narcisus, you will remember is the good looking guy who was so mesmerized by his own reflection that he perished staring at himself. Hint, Narcisus is on the left, parodied by a hand holding an egg, sprouting a Narcissus flower on the right.
      [/Hijack]

As for the melted bike. I have a friend who picked up a one year old Ninja 750 for $2k. Only the right side fairings are melted, and it's in perfect mechanical condition...very jealous. Definitely worth a look.
      That's an amazing painting, that one bit looks like two things it's very trippy haha. It looks like a hand coming out of the water and grasping a sphere, and also a person kneeling down almost bowing. The representation of power and I duno worship or like respect or something. Cool stuff.

Very interesting about the Kawi, I hope I am as lucky as he was
      For sale thread Album
      1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Its deffinatly worth the look. Make sure you got some tools with ya pull them plastics and get a good deep look at what your getting into. Best of luck, hope its worth the trade for ya.
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by Islandsteve View Post
          That's an amazing painting, that one bit looks like two things it's very trippy haha. It looks like a hand coming out of the water and grasping a sphere, and also a person kneeling down almost bowing. The representation of power and I duno worship or like respect or something. Cool stuff.
          I have "persistence of memory", "Metamorphisis of Narcissus" and "Red Canna" (Georgia O'Keefe) in my room. They are placed in areas that tend to draw women into the areas where I want them to be . I'm glad you also like my taste.
          Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

Branding

In Ontario(as well as other places) the insurance companies and government "brand" the ownership if the vehicle has been seriously trashed in which case it is a parts only and can NEVER be made road worthy
            they can also be tagged as salvage so as a buyer down the road would not unknowingly buy a vehicle that has been damaged

These type of laws came about because of things like insurance fraud, stolen vehicles having VIN # 's switched out with wrecks and wrecks being sold with dangerous structural issues
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
              Branding

In Ontario(as well as other places) the insurance companies and government "brand" the ownership if the vehicle has been seriously trashed in which case it is a parts only and can NEVER be made road worthy
              they can also be tagged as salvage so as a buyer down the road would not unknowingly buy a vehicle that has been damaged

These type of laws came about because of things like insurance fraud, stolen vehicles having VIN # 's switched out with wrecks and wrecks being sold with dangerous structural issues
              Cool, thanks. How can I check the tags just go to the insurance office with the VIN?
              For sale thread Album
              1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by Islandsteve View Post
                Cool, thanks. How can I check the tags just go to the insurance office with the VIN?
                In ontario the seller (unless a licenced dealer) has to provide a "buyers package" from the DMV
                In the buyers package it shows if there is any leins on the vehicle, a list of current and previous owners
                and if it has a clear title

Not sure if your insurance agent can or will disclose that info but would be worth the call

the other thing I would be questioning is if they have the right to sell it , since the registered owner is deseased and she was not his wife
                Could turn out that his parents , exwife or siblings are the only one with that right
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                  In ontario the seller (unless a licenced dealer) has to provide a "buyers package" from the DMV
                  In the buyers package it shows if there is any leins on the vehicle, a list of current and previous owners
                  and if it has a clear title

Not sure if your insurance agent can or will disclose that info but would be worth the call

the other thing I would be questioning is if they have the right to sell it , since the registered owner is deseased and she was not his wife
                  Could turn out that his parents , exwife or siblings are the only one with that right
                  your last point is very crucial. I never thought of that. I was unable to get ahold of the guy today but I'm going to try again this evening and tomorrow. Thanks again

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
                  Its deffinatly worth the look. Make sure you got some tools with ya pull them plastics and get a good deep look at what your getting into. Best of luck, hope its worth the trade for ya.
                  Thanks alot man I hope it works out
                  Last edited by Islandsteve; 11-03-2009, 10:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  For sale thread Album
                  1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Working...
                  X