X

A Sad Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sad Day

I guess it had to happen sooner or later. The riding season up here is basically over for me at least. With the time-change, reports, parent interviews, and coaching, I knew I wouldn't have the time to devote to the bikes. With my son in his fourth year of college, no nearby friends with available space, and other financial obligations I went and did the best I could. I'll be counting down the days til Spring. The anticipation will be much like undressing a new lover for the first time. The good news is that a)I got a decent final ride in and b) I only suffered a minor elbow rash this season. Thank you Lord for keeping me safeI have no complaints nor regrets. For those of you fellow Kat members still able to ride, ride safe and let's enjoy another season.

Nino
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Slofuze; 11-01-2009, 04:22 PM.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

yep, it does suck big time, but like you side you had a good final ride and no major issues with the bike. I hope to sneak in a few more rides before the end of season.......we'll see though
    Godspeed
    CSBA #1167
    Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Now thats what I call a packing job! All side protection.
      Originally posted by arsenic
      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Well sorry about your season ending and I know how that is being from the east coast. Used to ride even in the snow sometimes but wayyyy to slippery and cold ! We Kats here in Socal are just blasting around and enjoying the weather ! Maybe you have a friend here and should visit.........Ship your bike?
        sigpic

Comment

I know whatcha mean....I'm gonna have to put the liner back in my mesh jacket, it was 45° this morning!

Comment

Hey Nino... I know how you feel. I've been feeling the crunch of the weather more so now that I'm in Ottawa. It's a bit colder here. On a positive note, I did a 200km ride today through the Ottawa valley.

PS I hope you loaded the inside of that white tarp with kitty litter or something to absorb any moisture that might end up in there. All you need is for one driving rain to put a small puddle inside that tarp and it'll become a moisture trap to rust the bikes. If you didn't, it might be worth your while to unwrap them and do it all again.
            My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Slofuze, sorry for the end of your riding season...I always invite people down here to ride and visit. Come on down. However, with the time change, I too will be hampered. It means that I'll have to keep my eye on the sun and try to be near home by 6 in the evening...because it becomes wintry around then. I will have almost every afternoon to ride...and my week night gigs on Venezia's patio will dwindle down to two weekend nights indoors there...

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I hear ya, other than a few more rides here and there if I'm lucky the season is drawing to a close once again.

The only good thing is I've started plotting plans for next season lol.
                Kyle

Comment

That Yami you have is gorgeous!!!
                  Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                  Current Bikes:
                  1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter View Post
                    Hey Nino... I know how you feel. I've been feeling the crunch of the weather more so now that I'm in Ottawa. It's a bit colder here. On a positive note, I did a 200km ride today through the Ottawa valley.

PS I hope you loaded the inside of that white tarp with kitty litter or something to absorb any moisture that might end up in there. All you need is for one driving rain to put a small puddle inside that tarp and it'll become a moisture trap to rust the bikes. If you didn't, it might be worth your while to unwrap them and do it all again.
                    I just hope those bikes don't have to sit outside all winter tarps aren't very personal Glad to hear you had a good year!
                    For sale thread Album
                    1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

WOW! That last picture was harsh!
                      Here's to another safe riding season done.

Originally posted by Dee Dub View Post
                      I know whatcha mean....I'm gonna have to put the liner back in my mesh jacket, it was 45° this morning!

That was cruel.
                      (I put mine in when it hit 55º )
                      Last edited by tdrcomm; 11-02-2009, 04:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Islandsteve View Post
                        I just hope those bikes don't have to sit outside all winter tarps aren't very personal Glad to hear you had a good year!
                        Unfortunately they do . The good news is that winter's basically over by the middle of March so they're a ray of hope. I'm inclined to follow Alex's advice and re-wrap them with kitty litter in there. The bikes themselves had their own bike covers, but I just wanted added protection from the elements. I'll definitely be making better arrangements for next year.

Originally posted by STULER View Post
                        That Yami you have is gorgeous!!!
                        Thanks Stuler. I just checked out your garage and saw your '99. THAT is an incredible machine...... absolutely incredible.
                        Last edited by Slofuze; 11-02-2009, 06:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                        ------------------------------------------
                        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

The weather is still beautiful out there for riding. I was out all day yesterday in the cool, but sunny weather. I think that many people are missing out on a wonderful time of year, because it is a little cooler out. There are many things you can do to keep warm while riding in the cooler temps, most importantly WARM GLOVES.

The Fall season is an awesome time of the year to ride in the North. There are so many things to see, that are normally hidden under cover. The wonderful smells in the air of things like the pumpkin patch you just passed or the chimney smoke up ahead. How about the apple orchards and all the wonderful aromas that they emit. The cool crisp air can be very refreshing and exhilarating, you feel alive.

While out there, you do have to be more aware of the loss of grip due to the cooler roads and tires, as well as the leaves and dust from tractors on the roads. Just be alert and back it down some, don't be too aggressive. Also, the deer are moving now so be much more observant to wooded areas along the roads, as well as corn fields, especially in the morning and evening hours.

Fall has so many wonderful things to share with you on your ride. Personally, I think it is one of the best times to ride in the year. Dress in layers or get some heated gear and get out there. You're robbing yourself of such a wonderful ride out there.
                          2007 Honda CBR600rr
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                          sigpic

Comment

On the moisture absorbing note. For my trailer I use a couple of buckets and calcium chloride. The buckets are arranged so that one sits inside the other and the top one has a bunch of holes punched in the bottom to let the water drain into the bottom bucket. I half fill the top with flaked calcium chloride which will absorb the moisture and shed it as water into the bottom bucket. Going on 6 yrs now and never a moisture problem or musty smell in the trailer after winter storage.
                            2000 Katana 600
                            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

I agree with Zepp - There's still several weeks of riding to be had, although my biggest fear is deer....

Comment

Working...
                              X