X

bad night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad night...

ok so i changed the oil in the kat yesterday to which i had switched to the rotella t synthetic brand (btw i am liking it alot!) anyways i test drove it for any leaks right after, well my sister called and asked if i was going to my nieces, so i double checked to see if everything was tight and in order, gear up and im off well about halfway there in traffic about 45 mph i started hearing this rattling noise, (it sounded like something small loose) i stop at the race track parking lot to check everything, found nothing loose. i continue on my way and start hearing it again well i get on it for about 2 seconds to see if that makes it gets worse, i hear it for about a second then it completely goes away. i stop again couldn't find anything. well i continue on my way and finally arrive, while im taking my gloves off i happen to look at the handlebar and my weighted bar end on the throttle side is missing! well after the game which was like 5 minutes later me and my sister go back to the whole area and searched for about an hour, well while going down the road very slowly in the emergency lane looking for it my headlight bulb decides to blow out on me!!! so i have to follow behind my sister the whole way home. i wasn't that upset over the bulb ive had it a while and i still had the stock one at the house, but i had just recently put new grips on and loctited the bar ends. i call everywhere and the only place that has them is the dealer and theyre $60. Just thought i would share this and hopefully make someone whos having a bad day feel better!

oh and if anyone has a set or just one they want to part with pm me, mine are the thick stainless steel ones, well thanks for reading everyone!!
    sigpic
    -Cory-
    1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

When it runs it pours bud, sorry to hear about your luck.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Glad to hear your oil drain plug didn't rattle loose.
      The locktite must not have completely cured.
      Blackdog
      DRz-400e plated
      Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

well i put the grips on like 2 weeks ago so if it wasnt cured by then...
        sigpic
        -Cory-
        1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

Comment

well my bar end i bought has a slight longer bolt than oem. i couldn't use the oem ones so i tighten it down but it was slightly loose eventhough its cranked on. i trimmed a about a quarter off the bolt and its works perfectly now. might be the same situation as me. sorry to hear your bad day. hopefully it gets better
          this is the best icon eva

Comment

All thing in perspective that could have gone wrong ....
            Consider yourself lucky ~

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

so is there any particular size the kat takes or anything? i dont even know the diameter of the bars...
              sigpic
              -Cory-
              1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

Comment

ok so i went back to the place where i thought it had fallen off and after about an hour of looking on the road and in the grass i found it about three feet from the road in the grass!!! quick question though are these stock bar ends??? they were on the bike when i got it, but im pretty certain theyre aftermarket weighted ones...
                Last edited by overboost07; 11-13-2009, 07:11 AM.
                sigpic
                -Cory-
                1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

Comment

stock bar ends are black powdercoated or painted steel.

those look custom or by Cherrif or something

See My Garage for mods...
                  T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                  Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

allright just wanted to know!! thanks jaybell
                    sigpic
                    -Cory-
                    1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

Comment

Originally posted by overboost07 View Post
                      ok so i went back to the place where i thought it had fallen off and after about an hour of looking on the road and in the grass i found it about three feet from the road in the grass!!! quick question though are these stock bar ends??? they were on the bike when i got it, but im pretty certain theyre aftermarket weighted ones...
                      Lucky find!

Comment

Originally posted by J///Kidd View Post
                        Lucky find!

I was just thinkin the very same thing.
                        Joker
                        The newest addition to the Family!
                        sigpic
                        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

good job finding it again, now use lock tight so that it never comes off ever again.

Comment

Well see that's the thing.. I did use loctite when I replaced the throttle tube and grips about a month or so ago
                            sigpic
                            -Cory-
                            1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

Comment

Originally posted by overboost07 View Post
                              Well see that's the thing.. I did use loctite when I replaced the throttle tube and grips about a month or so ago
                              then use plumers tape!

Comment

Working...
                              X