X

PARKING VIOLATION NOTICE wtf?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PARKING VIOLATION NOTICE wtf?

so like many riders i park on the sidewalk next to the building. i keep in mind that there are people that have to walk by it, or maybe even a handicapped person that has to go by in a wheel chair, so i always keep enough space not to inconvenience anyone and if i cant then i go find another place to park.
    ---so today i went to the mall (chandler fashion center, to you locals) to have buffalo wild wings, its an outside mall so plenty of walking space and plenty of room for me to park next to the building so thats what i do! a protest could have formed on the sidewalk and it wouldnt have bothered anyone!!
    ---so i go in and eat. about 45 minutes or so go by (and 24 wings, hell yea!!) and i walk back out to my bike and as im putting on my helmet and gloves i see a piece of paper stuck between my throttle cables. im like WTF?
    --- i open it up and all i see is parking violation, officer signature, badge number, comments- will be towed it 1 hr. no fine or anything so i put it in my pocket and start to get on my way...then it hits me! i get the paper back out of my pocket and sure enough it came from a security gaurd, which made me grin pretty big lol.
    ---so like any self respecting motorcyclist i start cruising around the mall like an *******, speeding, and only slowing down at stop signs until i knew they were safe. looking for this security gaurd to give him the finger.
    then i come around to a stop sign and see a motorcycle cop riding even faster then i was and blowing through stop signs, and i thought crap someone must have reported me, but he didnt turn around for me he just kept on going (he must have been looking for security to flash the bird too lol) so i just got the hell out of there.
    ---i couldnt believe i got threatened for something that other places dont even flinch about, maybe if they dont like it the should get some motorcycle parking going like AZ mills, ive never once parked on the sidewalk there cause i dont have to. ridiculous!!!

on the plus side i found a pair of gloves at wal mart marked to $10 from 50. i didnt really need them but they have the plastics in the knuckles and reinforced palms and finger. im curious to see how they hold up. i figure even if i get just a few months out of them for $10 it was worth a shot. heres what i got [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Decade-65484-Motorsport-Street-Rocket/dp/B002IKWG4I"]Amazon.com: Decade Motorsport Street Rocket Black and Gray Medium/Large Gloves: Automotive[/ame]
    Last edited by delkampg; 10-29-2009, 07:41 PM.
    99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
    06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
    06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
    lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

they got nothing better to do and sweet find on the gloves
    this is the best icon eva

Comment

play nice now! it doesn't help that you're right my walmart gloves are black landscaper gloves with yellow backs and padded palms for $13. not water proof though.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Ahh mall cops. They used to ticket my car for being there until 12am....AFTER I told them I worked in the mall and had to stay to do inventory...

****ers.

Comment

There are only two kind of people that become rent-a-cops: Ex-cons, and those that didnt get into the policde academy. (No offense to any rent-a-cops, here on the site)

Out rent-a-cop when I was in High School always drove a beat up GMC Jimmy, then one day he rolled up to school in a Porsche. Turns out his wives last name was Nabisco! lol
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
            There are only two kind of people that become rent-a-cops: Ex-cons, and those that didnt get into the policde academy. (No offense to any rent-a-cops, here on the site)
            ive always thought that too! i was cruising around the mall before i parked and caught a glimpse of him, and thought "wanna be cop" i think i was right.

Comment

thats ridiculous! I park on the sidewalk when I go to the mall to, and have never gotten any grief about it, security even watches me do it occasionaly and never says a word.
              89 gs500e, k&n air filter, sv650 rear wheel swap, gsxr rear shock, 06 tank and bodywork, sv650 tail swap,

93 kat 750 v&h ssr2 full exhaust, 99 katana front wheel, a 180/55 on stock rim, post controls, heated grips

Comment

pull off your plate
                get some one to hold the door for you
                Go in and do a Mad Max burn out inside the mall
                Best if you could do it while he is on duty
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

whats so horrible about parking in a parking spot

Comment

I've never heard of anyone parking on the sidewalk. I'd say around here is is the quickest way to get a tow or someone to just simply knock it over. But then again we barely have 2 lane roads let alone spots for sidewalks.

But face it just because you haven't been harrassed about it before doesn't make it legal, as i have been told by police a couple times, even though i wasn't asking for their guidance.

We can't even park bicycles on sidewalks or ride them on side walks let alone a 500 lb kat.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by kidblooper View Post
                      whats so horrible about parking in a parking spot
                      1. i shouldnt have to, thats one of the perks to having a motorcycle
                      2. this mall is always packed, and motorcycle theft is very high in/around phoenix. which means that i have to park far out in the lot and risk it being stolen.
                      3. like i said im considerate of the people that use the sidewalk and im not hurting anything

parking on sidewalks is so common here that before i parked to eat, i was cruising around the parking and seen 2 bikes in the parking lot. i even took notice of it and thought it was weird but didnt give it a second thought
                      Last edited by delkampg; 10-29-2009, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I've seen plenty of people park up next to the building, however, it is illegal.

I think I'd rather my bike be stolen or run over in the parking lot than to come out and see a little kid being treated for burns he got by touching a hot exhaust because he didn't know any better. I park my bike like I do my car, in a very open space and near a light if it's at night.

Btw, I'm not bashing you, just tossing in my thoughts
                        Project "I wear my sunglasses at night" is complete: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103420

Comment

Originally posted by uno View Post
                          I've seen plenty of people park up next to the building, however, it is illegal.

I think I'd rather my bike be stolen or run over in the parking lot than to come out and see a little kid being treated for burns he got by touching a hot exhaust because he didn't know any better. I park my bike like I do my car, in a very open space and near a light if it's at night.

Btw, I'm not bashing you, just tossing in my thoughts
                          every one is entitled to their own opinion, and honestly ive never thought about a situation like that. but its not uncommon to see bikes parked next to the building here. i even had a conversation w/ a harley guy (possibly a doctor lol) at a different mall that has motorcycle parking and he and i was in agreement that if a place doesnt want us parking on the sidewalk then provide us a "safe" place to park our bikes.

Comment

It is illegal to park on the sidewalk. Also, the mall is private property and can have it towed. You might not like it too much if they tow your bike.

I do wish there was designated motorcycle parking at more places.
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

I find that if you ask the guard in a very cool and polite way, they're usually accommodating. . .

I used to search out the hatch areas (white striped zones) and park there without problems. . . just be sure it's not a blue hatched areas (blue stripes) as it is still technically part of the handicap space.
                              WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

Working...
                              X