Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Zero Gravity Double BuBBle, whos got one??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero Gravity Double BuBBle, whos got one??

how does it fair compaired to the stock one?? Good visibility?? Its only an inch taller but looks quite good.

I didn't know they made a DB for the Katana, go figure. Personally I think it looks kinda goofy, but eh. Watch out for sun fading on your dash if you get one.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

there are a couple people that have them and about the same amount of people has removed them. There has been reports of the double bubble having a magnifying glass effect and melting the dash.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I have the touring screen and like it. I know that isn't your question, but hey.. there it is

not sure why they didn't reinstall the mirrors in those photos.

Comment

I'm with Wheel, I have the touring screen and like it much better then stock. To many odd lines and the whole melt the dash thing kept me away from the DB screen
          Where ever, whenever I go for a ride, may I be joined by friends that have died.

RIP Cyber Poet, watch over us all Marc

Comment

I have the standard screen, and I like mine it looks a lot better than the one the previous owner had on it

Comment

Both my bikes have the Double bubble windscreens, I really like them. I do not have a Kat though
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

Melted dashes aren't uncommon with the DB. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...le+bubble+melt

And from other reading I have done, it is not exclusive to the Katana. It seems that the curve of the DB makes for a nice parabolic mirror if the sun can see the backside. If you pay attention to the direction of the sunrise and sunset when parking, or keep the bike covered during these times, then it probably will never be an issue.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                  If you pay attention to the direction of the sunrise and sunset when parking, or keep the bike covered during these times, then it probably will never be an issue.
                  Or apply a tint film/black out coating to the bottom side.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    Or apply a tint film/black out coating to the bottom side.
                    The bottom side is the problem.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I throw my gloves up there on the gauge pod usually, when parked.
                      2007 Honda CBR600rr
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X