X

Need urgent answer!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent answer!!!!!

Hey fellas, I got a quick question and need a quick answer. I have a 1991 Katana and im replacing the ignition because my key broke inside it. I have the new ignition but I can seem to figure out what type of screw/bolt is holding the old one. I tried an 8mm rachet and its not working. HEEEEEEEEEELp

ok so far i learned that those are rivets so now how can i remove them and what should i use as a alternative?
    Last edited by Georgie20; 10-26-2009, 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nah, they're bolts. IIRC, they are like a torx bit, but reversed. You'll need a socket that looks like a star inside.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

harbor freight sells tamper proof torx drivers

Comment

You need what's call a torx saftey bit. I know its a T40 for the post. Not sure about a pre though.

Comment

My pre had shear screws. You try and remove the screws and the head shears off. I took an old screwdriver and hammered a slot in the head then turned them out. I replaced them with ss cap screws from Lowes.

Comment

Jeezz this one comes up a lot...

Comment

I had to drill mine, than I use hex heads.

Comment

So anybody do this successfully with a particular torx wrench/socket on a pre, I've gotta get mine "re-pinned"
                95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                ---
                I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Working...
                X