X

2001 GSX750 Replace headlight DIY request

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 GSX750 Replace headlight DIY request

I was surprised to not see this up and the down-loadable Manuel links don't work. Could someone make one with pictures for beginners please?

Are you talking about the headlight bulbs or the whole headlight housing?
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

bulbs

Comment

It's fairly simple enough. It will much easier to do with the fairing off because of being able to see the housing and rubber boot and more space to be able to stick your hand in the small area. However, it can be done with the fairings on if need be. The hardest part is the metal wire retainer that's on a hinge. It snaps in place and presses against the bulb to hold it in place. That's where being able to see the back of the housing is better.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Should be fairly easy. Pull the electrical connector off the bulb. Pull the big rubber boot off the back of the headlight assembly. Push the top piece of the clip forward and to either the left or the right. (I can't remember which way it goes, but it will only go one way.) When you release the metal clip, it should pivot downwards. The bulb should come right out. Reverse the procedure to put a new bulb in, making sure not to touch the glass part of the bulb with anything. If you do, clean it with rubbing alcohol. I also like to put some dielectric grease into the connector when plugging the bulb back in. It makes for a more water resistant connection, helps stave off corrosion, and makes it easier to get the connector off the bulb for the next change.

Like Squiggy said, the first time, it might be easier to do with the tupperware off, but it will take much longer.

If you are still having problems, let me know. I might be able to make it out to Burke sometime in the near future. I'm only an hour and a half away.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Pull the plug off, pull the rubber boot off, then there is a metal clip that holds the bulb in.

If you need more pix, let me know, I have a headlight I can grab and take the pix real easy.
            Project "I wear my sunglasses at night" is complete: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103420

Comment

Working...
            X