No announcement yet.
X

Katana/Ducati front end

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That bike is super clean, most people wouldnt even have known it was a Katana. Great work!
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
      Bike looks great. Any plans for exhaust?
      Yeah were gonna put and exhaust system from a gsxr1000 it should look nice I'll keep ya posted

Comment

nice job
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by BigFish View Post
          I want you to know that you have saved me a ton of money by showing me these pics. You see I'm simply staring at pics of your bike rather than spending $$$'s at xxx sites....think you could get a pick of a hot chick on the bike without ruining the lines?

On a more serious (rather than semi-serious) note, how difficult was it to mount the light? I'm preparing to put a hayabusa light into my pre. Any tips?
          At first we wanted to do that but then most people would have said u should just bought a busa but it is possible. First thing to do is to make the front end into a solid piece look at the front pic and the side pi. And you'll get the idea. Once you seperate the farrings everything should still mount perfectly. Mold in the front parts and your half way there

Originally posted by jeffro7172 View Post
          the over/under headlights look like the last generation 999
          Indeed but we put that functional blue halo on the top headlight to make it look a bit more exotic. The pre ducati does not have that.

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          I may be drunk, but I don't see anything Ducati in the front end?
          Look at a ducati 999R the front ends are almost similiar
          Last edited by Mafia Kuztoms; 10-24-2009, 08:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Mafia Kuztoms View Post
            Look at a ducati 999R the front ends are almost similiar
            Ah, when you said front end I thought forks, clip ons, etc...
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

yeah i was wondering the same thing scotty. So your using a stock katana front suspension? Ever thought about upgrading to USD forks? Did you use a Busa rear shock? Any plans for the motor?
              Chrome Project Part 1
              http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

was the swing arm upside down an easier to make fit a kat? also that looks like a busta tail too how was modding that to fit? awesome bike i love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mafia Kuztoms View Post
                  At first we wanted to [install a Hayabusa headlight] but then most people would have said u should just bought a busa but it is possible. First thing to do is to make the front end into a solid piece look at the front pic and the side pi. And you'll get the idea. Once you seperate the farrings everything should still mount perfectly. Mold in the front parts and your half way there
                  I do like how you cut your fairings. Does that direct more water towards you? Also I see a few extra bolts. Are those bolting to a bracket that connects to the frame, or just the neighboring fairing piece?

I think I'm going to 1) remove the fairings, and front headlight, 2) create a custom bracket that allows the position of the headlight casing to be moved around a little, 3) bolt down the headlight and 4) build the fairings around the new headlight (and a new windscreen). Sound about right?
                  Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

Way nice!!!!!! Now that winter is approaching maybe some of you custom guys can give us newbs some photos to drool over!

Comment

Very nice work indeed.. love the look..
                      http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                      http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                      '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                      "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                      "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

I don't usually go for customs but that looks pretty frickin' sweet!!!
                        It's out there but not over the top. Nice job!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Miyagi View Post
                          was the swing arm upside down an easier to make fit a kat? also that looks like a busta tail too how was modding that to fit? awesome bike i love it.
                          Yeah it's upside down we tried it the regular way but we incorporated the tl1000 look. We also tried the rear strut of a busa but it was to long the katana oem strut fitted perfectly but it also had to be upside down minor welding had to be done and the links are also katana but they where cut and welded to fit perfectly.

Originally posted by BigFish View Post
                          I do like how you cut your fairings. Does that direct more water towards you? Also I see a few extra bolts. Are those bolting to a bracket that connects to the frame, or just the neighboring fairing piece?

I think I'm going to 1) remove the fairings, and front headlight, 2) create a custom bracket that allows the position of the headlight casing to be moved around a little, 3) bolt down the headlight and 4) build the fairings around the new headlight (and a new windscreen). Sound about right?
                          Yes that bracket only holds the neighboring fairings there is one bracket by the dash and the other by the lower front if you do mount the headlight first you're able to build around it. You got the right idea, in matter of fact that's how we started.

Originally posted by fastflats View Post
                          Way nice!!!!!! Now that winter is approaching maybe some of you custom guys can give us newbs some photos to drool over!
                          Oh yeah we have several projects going on, and this katana has a little more stuff than you can see it has a four speakers (two built in the dash), amplifier, wireLess iPod reciever, iPod, head jacks one for rider and passenger ( so when the helmets are on),a push button rear tail opener (led equipped), and the rear camera with the screen (mirrored) I'll post more pics here in a bit.
                          Last edited by Mafia Kuztoms; 10-24-2009, 10:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I want one of those!!!
                            sigpic
                            A little throttle and ease out the clutch.

Comment

That bike makes happy in my pants
                              Captain of Squad 11

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                                I don't usually go for customs but that looks pretty frickin' sweet!!!
                                It's out there but not over the top. Nice job!!!!
                                Ditto! Great Job!
                                OldYella
                                2002 Katana 600

My Katana Project
                                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103012
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X