No announcement yet.
X

how do you deal with people that do dumb things

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not only do i ride believing everyone is out to kill me, i also keep in mind that 700 pounds of kat, gear, and me are NOT going to come close to winning any disagreement with anyone in a 3500 pound minimum vehicle. avoid the argument.
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

I was going to say "vodka" until I read this thread had to do with motorcycles.

Comment

1) Assume you are invisible while they text message and chat on the cell phone while eating a hamburger.
        2) Assume they don't give two ***** about cutting you off and then slamming on their brakes because actually, they DON'T.
        3) Don't wave your arms when you should be taking evasive manuevers.
        4) Yell all you want inside your fullface helmet with the shield down. They won't hear you, but at least you'll vent!

Comment

Just a couple nights ago I was waiting to left turn out of a parking lot. The traffic was heavy so I was going to turn into the center lane then enter the flow of traffic from there. The two lanes of traffic coming from the right were finally clear and there was just one truck coming from the other way, no blinker, no breaks just cruising through. So I check the other way again, then check back to the truck and take off into the center lane. Luckally I checked the center one more time before I actually got into it because the jerk bag truck had decided last second to go ahead and pull into the center lane and make a left turn. I put on the breaks to get him to hurry up and pass me, but he comes to a stop next to me an lays on the horn. I'm now stairing at oncoming traffic with no where to go because the @sshole isn't going anywhere... just honking his horn... Thanks. Luckally the traffic was able to merge over and I pulled ahead of the truck that was blocking me.

Seriously.. is it so hard to use your blinker? And instead of spending your time using your horn to show your disapproval of an other's actions maybe you should first try and make sure they're not in harms way because of your idiocy.
          Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Yeah it really sucks, it helps that my bike is bright yellow, but doesnt help enough. I get cut off at least once a week.
            I have learned just to assume that they cant see you.

Comment

Originally posted by justinboyce View Post
              Yeah it really sucks, it helps that my bike is bright yellow, but doesnt help enough. I get cut off at least once a week.
              I have learned just to assume that they cant see you.
              I like the color of my bike, but it bothers me that its black. where do i get one of those really loud horns, i remember seeing the link on hre but cant find it
              99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
              06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
              06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
              lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

Originally posted by delkampg View Post
                I like the color of my bike, but it bothers me that its black. where do i get one of those really loud horns, i remember seeing the link on hre but cant find it
                Sometimes you just gotta look around .. I was looking around for a good one and found a frame horn that would fit .. Then I saw it was designed for a Freightliner .. Effective to say the least.

Comment

i hear ya, damn people suck in cars (non bike riders). not to get people offended but i notice old people always trying to run me over and buses. i think cause they don't really pay attention or can't see me or something. I have to get louder horns cause sometimes even with the horn blaring they still want to kill me.
                  this is the best icon eva

Comment

Working...
                  X